Austria is often tagged as one of the wealthy countries in entire Europe. Dominated by awe-inspiring natural attractions, prominent landmarks, and a soothing climate, the nation is no less than a dream destination.
However, what anchors major businessmen towards the piece of land is its stable economy and job eco-system. Since the inception of the citizenship by investment scheme, there has been an influx in the number of people trying to get residency in Austria.
Thus, in this article, we will check in detail how one can obtain Austrian citizenship.
Overview on The Types of Austrian Citizenship:
When it comes to citizenship programs in Austria there are a vast number of options to choose from. Individuals who want to explore the business prospects in the country can do so through several schemes which include:
- Citizenship by Descent.
- Citizenship by Marriage.
- Citizenship by Re-acquisition.
- Citizenship by Application.
- Citizenship by Award.
- Citizenship by Investment.
Citizenship By Descent:
This type of citizenship is particularly applicable to children. All kids who are born in wedlock obtain Austrian citizenship by birth if any one of the parents is a citizen of the country. The same applies in case the parents are already married and the father is a legal citizen of the country.
However, if the child is born out of wedlock and the mother belongs to a different locale, then the child acquires Austrian citizenship within 8 weeks. In other cases, if both the parents belong to different nationalities, then the kid can enjoy dual nationality.
Citizenship by Marriage:
Marrying an Austrian national brings can also grant individual access to citizenship status. According to the law set by the Austrian government, people have the right to obtain citizenship under the following conditions:
- If the applicant is a legal resident of Austria for at least 6 years.
- Is married in a joint household for at least 5 years.
One pertinent thing to remember before getting married in Austria is you need to renounce your current citizenship.
Citizenship by Re-acquisition:
If by some means a person loses his or her Austrian citizenship, then also there are ways in which the same can be gained back. However, the individuals are required to follow certain timelines for the same:
- A female who lost Austrian citizenship can re-apply for the same within 5 years after getting divorced or her spouse’s death.
- Former citizens who had 10 years of nationality can also re-apply for citizenship through a simplified procedure. All you need is to be present physically during the process and renounce your current nationality.
- Individuals who were forced to leave the country under dire circumstances can re-establish their citizenship through declaration.
Citizenship by Application:
Individuals willing to gain Austrian citizenship through application must meet all the norms set by the government which categorize as:
- If a person has lived in the country for at least 30 years, then he/she can apply for citizenship.
- If a person has lived for 15 years in the country and can demonstrate successful personal and professional integration.
- If he/she has at least 10 years of continuous stay along with a minimum of 5 years of permanent residency in the nation.
- A person with sufficient financial income.
- No trace of criminal evidence.
- Displays a positive attitude towards the country and is proficient in basic german speaking skills.
Citizenship by Award:
All those who feel the need to establish Austrian citizenship by Award must keep in mind the following points:
- First of all the general requirements for naturalization must be fulfilled.
- Austrian Citizenship by Award further depends on the legal claim or authority’s discretion.
Citizenship by Investment:
The Austrian Golden Visa program allows investors to gain residency and citizenship of the country through investment. Immigrants willing to explore the business potential in the country must make a contribution of €10 million into a business.
Apart from that a sum of €3 million can be made to the government development fund.
Having Austrian citizenship will not only change your working dynamics but also grant you visa-free access to 199 destinations worldwide. Individuals with an Austrian passport get a chance to live, work and study anywhere within the Schengen region of Europe which makes it even more lucrative.
Have you read?
# Best CEOs In the World Of 2022.
# Best Citizenship and Residency by Investment Programs.
# These are the world’s most and least powerful passports, 2022.
# The World’s Richest People (Top 100 Billionaires, 2022).
# Case Study: Warren Buffett, LVMH’s Bernard Arnault, Apple’s Tim Cook, and Elon Musk.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on Google News, Twitter, and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: email@example.com