Are you ready to make your mark in the Fashion Industry? Or do you dream of opening up your own boutique? Then what are you waiting for? Take a step ahead and enroll yourself in one of the leading institutes that teach sewing trade in New York.
Sewing and fashion design is a top-notch career choice for youth today. It not only teaches to know your way around the thread and needle but also provides you a chance to showcase your skills at the New York fashion week.
So, here’s a call to all aspiring designers, as we have listed below New York City’s top colleges to learn the sewing trade.
- Esaie Couture Design School: The fashion school has been in town for like 30 years and has since then left a legacy of marketing, styling, design, and sales. Founded by Esaie and Wanda Bruno, the institute teaches everything right from basic sewing, dressmaking, to custom garment creation. Interested candidates can also sign-up for a six weeks course that teaches creating dresses from scratch. All things such as working from a commercial pattern, cutting fabrics, proper use of construction techniques to finishing the piece with perfection will be taught at the school. And above all these perks, you can also take away an attire that fits you like a glove.
- Fashion Institute Of Technology: The Fashion Institute Of Technology is one of New York’s premium colleges to learn the art of dressmaking. If you are interested in propelling your career forward in the field of fashion, then look no further. This institute helps you land a remarkable career in the ever-growing fashion industry. Right from sewing to professional excellence, the college helps you channelize your inner creativity and embark on a career in the world of fashion. Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) was ranked No. 2 globally among the Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2020, according to the CEOWORLD magazine.
- Pratt Institute: No matter how chic your ideas are, they won’t amount to a thing if you don’t know how to put them to use perfectly. Pratt Institute in New York City teaches you all the basics of sewing and design right from the scratch. The innovative learning center in the Big Apple has an exceptional learning environment that extends beyond the campus. With an interdisciplinary curriculum, best faculties, along with creative strategies, everyone can learn and impart design skills and bring it to life easily. Pratt Institute was ranked No. 24 globally among the Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2020, according to the CEOWORLD magazine.
- Parsons School Of Design: Fashion is not always about the right kind of clothes, it is also about innovative ideas that can become trendsetters for tomorrow. Here at Parson School of Design, you get to learn all the groundbreaking programs related to fine art, fashion, and management which is difficult to find anywhere else. Every budding designer in the college gets ample opportunity to design an outfit or a tailored suit that hugs the body perfectly at all the right places. Apart from that, you also get to learn and engage with creative leaders and critical thinkers who can impart the necessary guidance required to define your career path. Parsons at The New School was ranked No. 4 globally among the Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2020, according to the CEOWORLD magazine.
- New York School Of Design: The New York school of design is for the students who have a knack for fashion and sewing trade. The college is located in the Garment District of New York City. With ample opportunities, training programs, the institute provides enough grounds for students to brush up their skills in design. Learn how to create delicate work of arts, brew cross-stitch patterns on the cloth, along with learning a lot more things that will cater to the taste of audiences today. The college aims at bringing all the critical thinkers under a single roof and provides them ground to foster creative ideas for the world of fashion. New York School Of Design was ranked No. 117 globally among the Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2020, according to the CEOWORLD magazine.
- Textile Art Center: The textile art center is a New York-based facility that aims at bringing traditional arts to life. At TAC, one can get access to skill-based classes, and techniques such as sewing, weaving along with dyeing. All the aspiring candidates who want to make a name for themselves in the fashion industry can take up the two-day course at the center and learn and practice hand-dyeing during studio hours. With so much to learn and explore, the Textile art center is the best choice for candidates aiming to grow in the fashion sector.