If you are willing to attain a degree in medicine but encircled by the financial constraints, then Russia is the solution! The country offers top-notch education at a comparatively lower cost. For English selectors, the course is of 6 years whereas the same is 7 years for those who opt for the Russian medium. Generally, the admission process starts in September but some universities begin in March as well. Now, let’s have a look at the top medical colleges in Russia.
Top Medicine Colleges in Russia, 2020
- Kazan State Medical University, Kazan: Kazan State Medical University is the second university in Kazan and a third medical university in the country. It is known for its over 200 years of medical training. This is yet another famed institution in Russia that gifts the world an expert panel in the field of medicine. Highly recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization, the institute provides clinical training at its 54 units of the Ministry of Health of the Republic Tatarstan. In order to be qualified for the entrance, the students need to clear their Senior Secondary School Examination (i.e., standard 12th) with at least 65% marks having Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Kazan State Medical University was ranked No. 78 globally among the Best Medical Schools In The World For 2020, according to the CEOWORLD magazine.
- Volgograd State Medical University: It was established in the year 1935 but got the status of a university in 2003. Fabulously located in the banks of the Volga River, Volgograd State Medical University is a highly recognized University in Russia and has collaborated with international organizations and councils, the World Federation for Medical Education, World Health Organization (WHO), UNESCO, British Council, United States Agency for International Development are just to name a few. Volgograd State Medical University was ranked No. 79 globally among the Best Medical Schools In The World For 2020, according to the CEOWORLD magazine.
- First Moscow State Medical University: First Moscow State Medical University is the oldest medical institution in the country. Established way back in the year 1758, the institute is currently a place to provide requisite training, certification, and higher education for pharmacists and medical staff as well. Students from over 90 countries become educated at this iconic university. Around 3500 students from outside countries like Azerbaijan, Namibia, Malaysia, Iran, South Africa, China, India, etc. are benefitted. First Moscow State Medical University of Russia was ranked No. 80 globally among the Best Medical Schools In The World For 2020, according to the CEOWORLD magazine.
- Bashkir State Medical University: Bashkir State Medical University has undoubtedly secured a position among the top 10 Russian Medical Universities. This university leads the chart of universities with medical studies in the English medium. It has become more prominent for nationals as well as for international students for medical studies, especially due to its affordable tuition fees and hassle-free admission process. The University collaborates with numerous and famous clinics and foreign universities of countries like the USA, Norway, China, Great Britain, Germany, etc. Bashkir State Medical University was ranked No. 81 globally among the Best Medical Schools In The World For 2020, according to the CEOWORLD magazine.
- Institute of Medicine at Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia: People’s Friendship University (RUDN University) is one of the leading universities for quite good reasons. It is, indeed, a remarkable university that not only follows multiple disciplines but also induces multi-nationality. The University houses and teaches thousands of students and interns from more than 150 countries. Hundreds of students of this university take part in exchange programs with top foreign universities. This university is one of those that are recognized by councils and countries like, Medical Council of India, the World Health Organization, the United States of America, the United Kingdom, etc. Apart from providing quality education, its campus and hostel are also ranked as one of the best campuses and hostels in the world. Institute of Medicine at Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia was ranked No. 82 globally among the Best Medical Schools In The World For 2020, according to the CEOWORLD magazine.