The top three highest-paying jobs in the San Francisco Bay area of 2020, that’s according to a new job market study, are anaesthesiologist, surgeon and chief executives. CEOWORLD magazine compiled a list of the best paying jobs in the San Francisco Bay area of 2020 by examining the annual mean salary of each job. The results come as no surprise, jobs in health care dominated the top 20.
- Anaesthesiologist – mean salary: $267,020 per year
- Surgeon – $255,110 per year
- Chief executives: $243,520 per year
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeon – $242,370 per year
- Obstetrician and gynecologist – $238,320 per year
- Psychiatrists: $213,200 per year
- Orthodontist: $206,00 per year
- Dentists: $202,950 per year
- Physician (except surgeons): $194,500 per year
- Prosthodontist – $191,400 per year
- Pediatricians: $180,850 per year
- Nurse anesthetists: $161,560 per year
- Family and general practitioners: $197,220 per year
- Podiatrist – $148,220 per year
- Marketing manager – $147,240 per year
- Financial managers: $142,890 per year
- Public Relations and Fundraising Managers: $131,570 per year
- Architectural and engineering managers: $128,230 per year
- Lawyers: $127,170 per year
- Computer and information systems managers: $125,820 per year
To calculate this year’s highest-paying jobs in the San Francisco Bay area, CEOWORLD magazine collected data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics to identify jobs with the greatest hiring demand and annual wages. Jobs are then scored using seven component measures: 10-year growth volume, 10-year growth percentage, median salary, employment rate, future job prospects, stress level, and work-life balance. Annual wages for the top occupations grew by an average of just 1.6 percent in 2019 compared to the prior year, down from an average growth rate of nearly 1.9 percent that we reported on last year’s ranking.
Have you read?
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: email@example.com