Every computer on the internet is connected on the internet through a unique Internet Protocol (IP) address. The IP address is a string of four numbers separated by periods. Since remembering the IP addresses of so many websites isn’t practical, domain name system has been introduced. It is used to assign a recognizable name to the string of numbers.
These domain names make the internet addressing scheme easy and effective. Every website you visit contains a domain name and an extension separated by a period. For example, when you visit google.com, google is the website or domain name and .com is its extension. In order to use these extensions for your website, you have to pay one-time registration fees and periodic subscription fees.
Several domain extensions are available but selecting a good domain extension can hugely impact your business. However, it would be wrong to think that domain names are merely technical shortcut as they provide several advantages; some of which are:
- It Gives You Credibility: Why can’t you use your own extension? You might ask! One, most of the logical extensions are already licenced; and two, using generic domain extensions make your company look less professional. Yes, you have to pay money to get your webpage up and running but your customers will have more confidence in contacting and doing business with you.
- It Increases Business Opportunity: Getting a right extension makes it easy for others to find your webpage. Having a related domain name and extension increases the chances of your website appearing in search engines. If you are into financial services, you are in for a surprise as .bond a new Domain Name is coming. This premium domain extension provides an integration of online world with financial service providers, investors and advisers. Does this sound appealing? Well here are the launch details:
Sunrise Period: The sunrise phase will be launched on 17th October, 2019 and will last for 33 days ending on 18th November, 2019. This scheme is exclusively for trademark holders. So, if you own a trademark and wish to get a .bond extension, you can contact your preferred registrar to secure your domain name.
Early Access Program: After 19th November, 2019, .bond will be available for all end users through a week long Early Access Program (EAP). The EAP enables users to register their domain by paying an additional access fee along with the regular cost of registration. This fee will be gradually decreased over the first week of availability till 26th November, 2019.
General Availability: After the seven days of EAP, .bond extension will be available globally. While most domain names will be available at the standard registration price, a few names will be reserved. You can check the launch details here.
- It Builds Your Brand: If your domain name matches with your company’s name, it increases awareness of your brand. It makes it easier for your clients to remember your brand. An apt domain extension makes it easy to provide word of mouth publicity among your clients. It is no surprise that around 75% of companies all over the world use .com as their domain extension.
- It Emphasizes Your Priorities: If your domain name is tuned in line with your business, it reinforces the benefits your clients will receive while working with you. For example, using an extension .bond highlights the bonding you expect with friends or relatives. This extension assures expert connections by sending positive vibes to the visitors of your webpage who might turn into prospective clients.
- It Gives You Mobility: Using a domain name instead of IP address gives you mobility in case of any change in your company’s physical address. Since your IP address changes when you change your location or transfer the web hosts, you will be forced to use a new URL if you relocate. This will be huge loss to the branding which you have built up over the years with your previous address.
- It Makes You Appear Updated: Having a functional domain name implies that you are not stuck in stone-age and your business is a part of digital revolution. It assures your customers that you are open to adapting to latest technology trends. This reinforces the trust of your clients and might give you an edge over your competitors.
One of the big challenges today when launching a new financial product is getting the right domain name. A good domain name can really provide an initial boost to your business by generating traffic to your webpage and earning you reputation. We hope that with .bond extension soon to be available, you will be able to get more customers and increased sales for your financial products.
Have you read?
# Top 500 Best Universities In The World For 2019.
# Rich list index: Meet the richest People the the world 2019.
# Russia’s Rich List 2019: Wealthiest People In Russia.
# The 100 Most Influential People In History.
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the CEOWORLD magazine.
We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here’s our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow The CEOWORLD magazine on Facebook, Twitter (@ceoworld), Instagram, and LinkedIn.