Staying in an Igloo Or Ice Hotel is the dream of every travel enthusiast for once in a lifetime experience. From glass top igloos that allow you to sleep under starry skies to reindeer driven sled rides, these hotels offer unique features and services for winter lovers across the globe. Let’s check out some fantastic Igloo hotels that provide breathtaking views and unforgettable experiences to its customers.
- Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, Saariselka, Finland: Kakslauttanen Resort is located at Lapland in Finland. It is famous for the magical view of the Northern Lights that it offers to their customers from their comfortable bedrooms. The resort has over 170 accommodations wit different options like glass igloos and log cabins along with five smoke saunas and two restaurants.
Apart from excellent lodging facilities, this hotel also has access to snowmobiling, ice fishing and one of Finland’s largest cross-country skiing park. The room prices start from $370 per night. One can visit this place during any time of the year as each season is different from another, and every season offers something unique to the visitors.
- Hotel de Glace, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada: Hotel de Glace is in the Quebec City of Canada. This hotel is the only hotel in North America that is entirely built from ice. It consists of 45 rooms and suites along with an ice bar and a grand ice slide which is popular among the kids. Every room has a different theme and unique ice sculptures. An overnight stay package includes a welcome drink, access to spas and saunas, and breakfast. The resort is kid-friendly with amenities like an indoor water park and activities like snow rafting and snow slides. Rates for per night stay with double occupancy start from $209 per person. The most suitable time to visit Hotel de Glace is from January to March.
- Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel, Alta, Norway: Sorrisniva Hotel is the northernmost ice hotel in the world situated along the banks of river Alta in Norway. It boasts of spectacular views of Northern Lights which you can chase in reindeer driven sleds. The hotel compromises of 30 plus rooms and suites along with ice bar, snow chapel, and beautifully carved ice sculptures. You can unwind at the end of the day by relaxing at Jacuzzi or sauna before calling it a night. The room bookings are available from at $300 per night, and the best season is during January and April.
- Lapland Hotels SnowVillage, Kittila, Finland: If you are a loyal fan of Game of the Thrones series than this ice resort is must-visit for you. Lapland Snow Village is situated in Kittila, Finland. There are more than 30 GOT-themed suites and rooms which are beautifully decorated with characters and figures from the famous series. Furthermore, this hotel also has different types of accommodations ranging from small cozy cabins to large three-story log castles. These cabins have illuminated ice-carved sculptures and are equipped with individual saunas. You can also find an ice bar, chapel, and cinema on the premises of the resort. Rooms can be booked for $320 per night, and the best time to visit this place is from December to early April.
- Alpeniglu Dorf, Brixen im Thale, Austria: Alpeniglu is tucked away in the pretty ranges of Kitzbuehel Alps in Austria. This ice village offers 18 igloo accommodations where guests can have unique Iceland experience during their stay. The overnight stay package includes a welcome drink, an Igloo Magic Night Party, ice carving workshop, walk under stars, a tour of the ice village, and tasty fondue on crystal clear ice tables. Rooms are available from $183 per person to during off-seasons and $227 per person during peak season. Peak Season starts from December and lasts up to March.
Have you read?
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: email@example.com