5 Activities That Reduce Stress Level
In today’s world, most of the people suffer from stress and anxiety majorly due to current lifestyle, work pressure, etc. so it’s very crucial to distress yourself before it reaches an alarming stage. There are certain activities that help you reducing stress, some of which are listed below:
- Exercise: It may seem odd but it is true. Exercise does help us to release our mental stress in various ways, and its benefits are visible instantly. In fact, many people use punching bags, punching on which releases their anger and aggression. Exercises are beneficial especially if done on a regular basis.
Exercises lower down the hormones (that leads to stress) and also release chemicals that act as natural painkillers.
Secondly, your body gets tired after exercising that leads to sound sleep resulting in lesser stress. You can exercise in any way, be it indoor or outdoor. You can do the workout, dance, walking, running, jogging, rock climbing or anything you like.
- Deep Breathing:It is one of the popular and used activities as a stress-buster. Whosoever gets angry is asked to calm down and take deep breaths. That is due to the reason that when you breathe deeply, it directly sends a message to your brain to relax and relieve stress.
It is obviously not normal breathing rather the focused breathing. Deep breathing increases the oxygen supply to your brain and stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system that promotes a state of calmness.
Fix a schedule and try to follow it daily. You get the most out of it if done in the morning since you do it with the fresh mind. Also, it is easier to stick with the schedule if done early in the morning. Not just at the time of anger but following this practice daily leads to lesser stress and anxiety. So just try to start it someday and you yourself will love and look after it every morning.
- Yoga and Laughter Classes: Yoga is gaining popularity these days regarding health concern and stress (of course). Yoga joins your body and mind and helps reducing stress, lowering down your blood pressure and heart rate. Yoga helps to release the ‘happy hormones’ that leads to the reduced stress for your overall well-being. There is not just one but various yoga poses which you can practice, the effects of which will be visible after 2-3 months.
- Soothing Music: Music has a strong capability to absorb your attention and to distract your mind. If fast music helps someone to concentrate better then slow music may help to reduce stress. It actually depends upon oneself which type of music he/she chooses, as it is highly subjective and varies from person to person as per their preferences. Generally, soothing music lowers down blood pressure and reduces the heartbeats as well as stress hormones.
You can tune to Indian, Classical or Native American music, as these cater to our needs of distressing. If you run out of time, you may incorporate a habit of doing your regular work (like bathing, travelling, eating, etc) while listening to calm music.
- Travelling: Travelling not just literally takes you to another place but to another world, free from the hustle and bustle, and gives you a break from the nomadic life. It has been observed that 60% of people return from their trip with greater enthusiasm and more positive energy.
Do you know the reason behind it? I’ll tell you.
Travelling provides you with the much needed time for yourself and eventually, to relax. Your brain also gets the time and enough space to restock its reserves of energy. That’s the reason, after a business trip, when you get back to your normal life, you feel refreshed and come up with a better approach. Getaways definitely make you feel better, reduce blood pressure, helps you manage stress, strengthen your relationships and help you live longer.
Have you read?
# Top 500 Best Universities In The World For 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Medicine And Health Science Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Life Science Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Physical Science Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Psychology Degrees, 2019.
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org