The modern-day digital world is ever changing. Over time, technologies have come a long way and there’s no doubt that they will continue to grow, accelerate and transform businesses for the foreseeable future. As businesses turn fast-paced and technologies go through rapid evolution, massive amounts of data get generated every day. Therefore, there is a compelling need for big data technologies like Hadoop to store and analyze the data.
Having just the data is futile if there’s no expertise to analyze it. So there is definitely a need for skilled professionals who possess the ability to comprehend data patterns and come up with insights to benefit the business. For this reason, job opportunities in the field are many, and with proper training, any individual can master the right set of analytical skills to boost up a company’s business as well as their career.
Hadoop Certification and Its Value in Career Building
For individuals looking to build a career in the big data field, having a Big Data Certification from the leading Hadoop vendors like Hortonworks, Cloudera or IBM is a must. This helps candidates to add value to their profile and have a better chance of highlighting their skills to their employers and clients.
As Hadoop certifications are expensive, it is critically important to consider the quality of the certification and demand in the market. Having a credible Hadoop certification boosts up your chances of getting into a Hadoop job, gain experience and further advance your big data career. Moreover, the certification also proves that you are not new to the best practices in the big data industry and have working knowledge in the field.
Simplilearn’s Big Data Certification Training entirely covers up the concepts and curriculum as per the industry standards so that you can clear the certification program easily.
Cloudera: The Most Popular Hadoop Certification
While there are many Big Data Hadoop certifications in the market, Cloudera seems to be the most popular choice among Hadoop professionals. The Hadoop certifications that Cloudera offers are as follows:
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) – CCP certification is a performance-based certification that tests a candidate’s analytical skills. It is done through two exams, CCP Data Engineer and CCP Data Scientist.
- Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) – It also has two different exams, CCA Hadoop and Spark Developer and Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop, aimed at evaluating a candidate’s Hadoop and Spark knowledge.
As Cloudera is the leading player in the big data and data science market, going for a Cloudera Hadoop Certification will definitely upgrade a candidate’s skills to leverage big data for analytics in start-ups as well as multinational companies. Here, candidates understand the fundamental components existing in the Hadoop and Spark ecosystem. Moreover, it has been found that Cloudera Hadoop certified professionals do better in getting pay hikes and promotions as compared to their peers.
There are no such eligibility criteria to take any Cloudera certification exam. However, people looking to pass the Cloudera Apache Hadoop and Spark Developer Certification exam might have to consider learning some basic programming skills and concepts of Java. Hadoop is based on the Java platform as it was originally developed by Apache, so having some prior knowledge in Java will come in handy while grasping the terminologies and concepts associated with Hadoop programming. Working knowledge of SQL and basic user commands of Linux too would be of great help in studying Hadoop.
Last but not the least, the value of having a professional or equivalent degree from a university shouldn’t be underestimated. Reputed companies usually prefer their candidates from reputed universities, and without any degree, it might be difficult to make employers notice your skills.
What Simplilearn’s Big Data Hadoop Certification Training Course Has to Offer?
Simplilearn’s Big Data Hadoop training is designed to make you master the in-depth concepts of the Hadoop framework and its deployment in a cluster environment. You will learn the following skills by the completion of the training course:
- Become familiar with the different components of the Hadoop ecosystem such as Hadoop 2.7, Hive, Sqoop, Yarn, Pig, MapReduce, Impala, HBase, Flume, and Apache Spark with this Hadoop course.
- Learn how to work with HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System) and YARN (Yet Another Resource Negotiator) architecture for storage and resource management
- Understand MapReduce, its framework, and characteristics and assimilate advanced MapReduce concepts
- Learn data ingestion using Sqoop and Flume
- Create database and tables in Hive and Impala, understand HBase, and use Hive and Impala for partitioning
- Learn to work with different types of file formats like Avro Schema, using Arvo with Hive, and Sqoop and Schema evolution
- Gain a piece of in-depth knowledge on Flume, Flume architecture, sources, flume sinks, channels, and flume configurations
- Understand and work with HBase, its architecture and data storage, and learn the difference between HBase and RDBMS
- Know about the ETL operations and data analytics using Pig and its components
- Perform functional programming in Spark, and implement and build Spark applications
- Understand resilient distributed datasets (RDD) in detail
- Learn and master an in-depth understanding of parallel processing in Spark and Spark RDD optimization techniques
- Understand the common use cases of Spark and various interactive algorithms
- Learn Spark SQL, creating, transforming, and querying data frames
- Prepare for Cloudera CCA175 Big Data certification
Big Data Technology: A Key Factor in Organization Growth
Hadoop is a big thing in big data technology now. Learning and mastering it will offer the promise of a richly rewarded career for professionals. The growth of data will never slow down, and more and more big data professionals will be in demand. As companies struggle with getting their work done with big data, they are ready to offer premium pay packages to competent professionals who can make sense of their data. Generally, Big Data Hadoop trained professionals are required in jobs like IT professionals, data scientists, data engineers, data analysts, project managers, program managers, etc.
Coming to the statistics from indeed.com, USA has the highest number of Hadoop jobs available accounting to over 60% of the total postings in the world. But, almost 50% of the jobs listed are vacant considering the different skill sets needed for the job. The statistics also say that a Hadoop developer’s average salary in the US comes to around $110,000 with the highest listed salary being $123,000 bagged by a Hadoop administrator.
In San Francisco, CA, a Hadoop developer earns somewhere around $139,000, whereas a Senior Hadoop developer can easily expect a package of about $178,000. The job scenarios in India too have been quite good. Consulting firm, A.T. Kearney conducted a study on the Indian market and found that India remains the top offshoring destination for IT companies followed by China and Malaysia. Next in order comes Mexico and then Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and Brazil. The firm also said that India is unrivaled in both scale and people skills.
Speaking of the future of big data and Hadoop jobs, the market is expected to grow at an annual rate of about six times than that of the overall IT market. According to another report by SNS telecom, big data investments will account to nearly $80 Billion by the end of 2020.
Have you read?
# World’s Best Countries To Invest In Or Do Business.
# Countries With The Best Quality of Life, 2019.
# Most Startup Friendly Countries In The World.
# The World’s Safest Cities Ranking.
# Global Passport Ranking, 2019.