How does higher education impact our lives?
A recent study conducted by a group of American scholars (holding the US citizens as a focus group) and published by Plos One has delivered fascinating results. Namely, it discovered a correlation between a duration of life and degree of higher education – the higher academic degree, the longer a person’s life is. Similar results were made on the basis of the life expectancy analysis of people born in 1925, 1935, 1945 and 1986 years. According to the data, mostly higher education changes life in North America European countries.
Men, who graduated from school only, live on average 8 years less, while the lifetime of women without higher background is only 4 years shorter.
As a result, researchers decided that getting a full school literacy could prevent about 145 thousand premature deaths of those, who were born in the middle of the 20th century. Moreover, the obtaining a bachelor’s degree would save more than 110 thousand people from death.
According to scientists, graduates have higher cognitive abilities and therefore receive higher wages. It goes without saying, this factor impacts a social environment, the quality of food and people’s health. Scientists explain this dependence on the fact that intelligent people use alcohol and tobacco less.
Almost every student, realizing the value of education, seeks to get it. But, most of them do not even assume why do they need it and what is the aim of ordering scientific papers on essay service online. In most of the occasions, that is the main reason for choosing the wrong specialty and university.
On the one hand, scientists have proven that mental activity slows down the aging process, that is why many writers, politicians, actors and public figures stay in a high enthusiastic mood regardless of their age. On the other hand, the importance of education in life implies a social status of a person, living standards and a position in society.
Intelligent people tend to make balanced, rational decisions about their future, behavior, and lifestyle. They are taken for granted to get a prestigious position and earn well. In addition, these people are able to deal with such common problems as stress and depression more effectively. Undoubtedly, this strengthens the psychological health of a person, which means that it affects physical state also.
At the same time, people who have not received a scholarship and live unsecured, are more predisposed to bad habits, less engaged in sports and are less concerned about their health.
According to many studies, conditions of life in the lower strata of society begins to adversely affect the person, exacerbates his health problems and accelerates the aging process at the cellular level.
Thus, it happens that the presence or absence of the background has a significant impact on various spheres of human life. Of course, this does not mean that all people with higher education are healthier than others. However, the study once again confirms that a role of education and self-development is pretty high, especially for those who want to achieve something in their life, realize their ambitions, maintaining their health and enthusiasm. Let’s differentiate what gives education and its importance in life of an average person:
- Schooling makes a significant contribution to the development of a person’s civil position. Getting educated, we get acquainted with our history and culture, adopting socially significant experience of previous generations. It helps us understand our civic responsibilities and stimulates us to fulfill them. There is no doubt that only an intelligent person can be a true citizen of his country.
- A clever person is characterized by a greater degree of self-confidence than a person who is uneducated or poorly educated. Scholarship leads to a positive outlook on life, which allows us to believe in ourselves without being afraid of relying on ourselves in different life situations.
- Schooling fosters communication. Rotating in the circles of experts in your field, you will get a large number of contacts in time, expanding the spheres of influence and forming a circle of people, which you can always rely on.
- Schooling provides knowledge that makes a person more interesting for society. Being the intelligent person, you can discuss not only people and TV shows but also events, ideas. A smart person is not inclined to gossip, preferring to observe and form his own conclusions by objective facts.
- According to statistics, salaries of people who graduated from universities are bigger than those of people without higher education. In order to increase your income, you must understand the importance of education (special training, second, third higher education). As a rule, the well-being of a person, whose indicator is the availability of such material values as a car, real estate, deposits in banks, etc., directly depends on whether he has a university degree or not. Also according to statistics, unemployment among people with higher education is not so widespread in comparison with people with secondary education.
A value of education in our life is tremendous. Having a university diploma will allow you to count on an interesting and exciting job that will bring joy, pleasure, and satisfaction and provide an opportunity for spiritual, personal and professional growth.
Have you read?