According to new rankings, Martine A. Rothblatt, Chairman and CEO of United Therapeutics is the highest-paid woman CEO in the United States, whose total compensation for last year was a jaw-dropping $38 million.
Ms. Rothblatt founded United Therapeutics in 1996 and has served as its CEO ever since, the second-highest paid woman CEO on the New York Times’ list, Yahoo’ Marissa Mayer, she made $25 million.
But “Marissa Mayer and Martine Rothblatt” are 2 of only 11 woman C.E.O.s on the list. The rest of the 200 companies with market values over $1 billion, the 189 other C.E.O.s, are men. Read the top 30 highest-paid CEOs in the United States: 2014 >>>
The 11 Highest-Paid Woman CEO In America 2014: Female Chief Executives:
1. Martine A. Rothblatt (overall rank: 10) Chairman and CEO United Therapeutics
2. Marissa A. Mayer (overall rank: 34) President and CEO Yahoo!
3. Carol M. Meyrowitz (overall rank: 56), the president, Chief Executive Officer, and director of TJX Companies.
4. Phebe N. Novakovic (overall rank: 78), Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of General Dynamics.
5. Margaret C. Whitman (overall rank: 95), President and Chief Executive Officer of Hewlett-Packard.
6. Marillyn A. Hewson (overall rank: 119), Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Martin Corporation.
8. Virginia M. Rometty (overall rank: 148), Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of IBM.
10. Ellen J. Kullman (overall rank: 174),president, chair and CEO of DuPont.
11. Indra K. Nooyi (overall rank: 176), current Chairperson and CEO of PepsiCo, the world’s second-largest soft-drinks maker.
Follow me on Twitter @ceoworld & Facebook @amarendrab.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org