These are the ten most popular U.S and international destinations for summer travel in 2018, based on vacations booked June 1 through Aug. 15 through the AAA travel agency. Orlando kept its spot on top, as the most sought-after spot for summer. Honolulu rose 2 spots to No. 2; Anchorage fell from spot No. 2 last year to No. 3.
Hawaii claimed two spots (Honolulu and Maui), as did Alaska (Anchorage and Fairbanks).
Travelers chose Rome, Italy, as the top international destination. Vancouver fell from its top spot last year to No. 2, while Dublin rose one spot to No. 3.
London, fell from spot No. 2 last year to No. 7. Paris rose 2 spots to No. 5; and Montego Bay also rose 2 spots, claiming No. 6.
Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, fell from spot No. 5 last year to No.7, while Calgary (Alberta) rose from No. 10 to No. 8. Cancun in Mexico fell from No. 6 to No. 9, while Amsterdam fell one spot to No. 10.
The Top Ten Summer Travel Destinations In The United States:
- Orlando, Florida
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Seattle, Washington
- Los Angeles/Anaheim, California
- Maui, Hawaii
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Salt Lake City, Utah
The Top Ten International Summer Travel Destinations:
- Rome, Italy
- Vancouver, British Columbia,Canada.
- Dublin, Ireland
- London, United Kingdom
- Paris, France
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Calgary, Alberta,Canada
- Cancun, Mexico
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These 50 Private Companies Are Transforming The Economy And Changing The Industry, 2018 - May 23, 2018
- Here Are The Top 20 American Universities For Producing Successful Start-Up CEOs: 2018 Ranking - May 23, 2018
- Countries With The Highest (And Lowest) Levels Of Healthcare Access And Quality, 2018 Study - May 23, 2018