These are the ten most popular U.S and international destinations for summer travel in 2018, based on vacations booked June 1 through Aug. 15 through the AAA travel agency. Orlando kept its spot on top, as the most sought-after spot for summer. Honolulu rose 2 spots to No. 2; Anchorage fell from spot No. 2 last year to No. 3.
Hawaii claimed two spots (Honolulu and Maui), as did Alaska (Anchorage and Fairbanks).
Travelers chose Rome, Italy, as the top international destination. Vancouver fell from its top spot last year to No. 2, while Dublin rose one spot to No. 3.
London, fell from spot No. 2 last year to No. 7. Paris rose 2 spots to No. 5; and Montego Bay also rose 2 spots, claiming No. 6.
Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, fell from spot No. 5 last year to No.7, while Calgary (Alberta) rose from No. 10 to No. 8. Cancun in Mexico fell from No. 6 to No. 9, while Amsterdam fell one spot to No. 10.
The Top Ten Summer Travel Destinations In The United States:
- Orlando, Florida
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Seattle, Washington
- Los Angeles/Anaheim, California
- Maui, Hawaii
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Salt Lake City, Utah
The Top Ten International Summer Travel Destinations:
- Rome, Italy
- Vancouver, British Columbia,Canada.
- Dublin, Ireland
- London, United Kingdom
- Paris, France
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Calgary, Alberta,Canada
- Cancun, Mexico
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Reveled: Here Are The 5 Worst Industries To Work For In 2018 - July 20, 2018
- These Are The 20 Worst U.S. Cities To Drive In For 2018, Detroit, San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles In Top 10 - July 19, 2018
- Revealed: The World’s 50 Best Airlines For 2018: Singapore And Qatar Tops - July 18, 2018