The College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor has been ranked No. 1 on the list of the 20 most environmentally responsible colleges in the United States, according to a new study (Guide to 375 Green Colleges) out by the Princeton Review.
The State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry placed second on the list, followed by Colby College in Waterville, Mainn at No. 3. The 2017 rankings placed the University of Vermont in 4th ahead of Dickinson College into 5th; while St. Mary’s College of Maryland ranked 6th, and Cornell University 7th.
Overall, among the top 10 universities, the 8th, 9th, and 10th positions are held by the Colorado State University, Stanford University, and University of California–Davis.
Saint Michael’s College, Colchester took the No. 11 spot in 2017, followed by Santa Clara University (No.12) and University of California–Santa Cruz (No.13).
Meanwhile, Lewis & Clark College, Portland ranked No. 14 in the Princeton Review’s ranking of the 20 most environmentally responsible colleges in the United States, 2017.
Green Mountain College, Poultne came in 15th place, followed by Randolph College, Lynchburg (16th), Emory University (17th), University of San Diego (18th), and American University, Washington, ranked 19th. Out of 375 most environmentally responsible colleges in the United States, Middlebury College ranked No. 20th.
The 20 most environmentally responsible colleges in the United States, 2017
- College of the Atlantic, Bar Harbor, ME
- State University of New York–College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF), Syracuse, NY
- Colby College, Waterville, ME
- University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland, St. Mary’s City, MD
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- University of California–Davis, Davis, CA
- Saint Michael’s College, Colchester, VT
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
- University of California–Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA
- Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR
- Green Mountain College, Poultney, VT
- Randolph College, Lynchburg, VA
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
- American University, Washington, DC
- Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018
- Report: The Least (And The Most) Diverse States In The U.S. For 2018 - September 19, 2018