Android users may outnumber iPhone users by thousands, but iPhones app development is still one of more lucrative of the two. There are many reasons for choosing to go with iPhone app development — a younger, spending demographic, better revenues and more efficient release cycles.
Important Tips To Know Before Designing & Developing Your Perfect iOS Mobile App
- Adaptive Design
- Compatible with Different iOS Devices
- Customer Support – pre or post-purchase support
- Excellent User Interface
- Icon Matters
- Icon Grid
- Keep It Intuitive
- San Francisco Font – the default font in usage is the San Francisco font, which has been created in-house by Apple itself.
- The Buttons and Fonts – The standard size is 44pt for buttons, 12pt for small text, 17 pt for body text and at last, 20pt+ for titles.
- The 3D Touch, that permits the users to speedily go through the options in and out the app.
- The Resolutions – The iPhone comprises of four main resolutions – 320 x 480 pt (iPhone 4), 320 x 568 pt (iPhone 5), 375 x 667 pt (iPhone 7) and 414 x 736 pt (iPhone 7 Plus).
- User Engagement – add features which engage users in the application
Despite its clear advantages, many developers and vendors still like to stick only with Android, hoping to cash in on its high user base. But if done correctly, iPhone apps are actually easier to develop, release and monetise. All you need to know are few of iPhone app development India principles and tips to make it work.
- Use an iPhone: You cannot develop an iPhone app without using it yourself. We are not talking about a simple skimming of the phone here. Get an iPhone and use it regularly for days. Download some of the popular apps (many of them are free) and use these regularly. iPhone has one of the most user friendly UI and arguably the world’s best hardware to back it up. So, understand what makes the app tick, which hardware features it uses and which features make it stand out. It could be location services, camera support or graphics.
- Pay attention to the MVC: The Model-View-Controller (or MVC) paradigm is one of the most important component in iOS app development. It converts the code into an app’s three main functions — UI, data and software. It helps you develop multiple parallel views, allowing you to modify with less bug issues. It is also a more SEO friendly approach to app building.
- Viewport: This simple code is what makes your app scalable on your phone. It can show you the display, allowing you to modify the view. It can go a long way in creating an optimum user interface and experience.
- Your UI is the most important: Your users are the most important factor and your app must address their priorities. While all apps have a certain commonality in their design, each successful app still makes modifications according to their users. An app must be designed to make their life easier and not more difficult. So, ask yourself: who are you designing this app for? It could be daily commuters, hungry diners, gamers or people looking for their groceries.Once you have the wireframe, the developer will give you Storyboards. The UI is developed within the storyboards. Together with the Interface Builder, you will get a prototype of the app, its design and functionality.
- Start with the tested: If you are just starting out, stick with the old and tested. There are a number of tools, frameworks and technology that can help you build your app. iOS has a strong app development architecture that you can use. As a beginner you may want to reduce the risk and start with what you know will work. Once you have mastered the basic codes, you can move towards the more innovative solutions.
- Keep it close to a native app: There is a reason that iPhone native apps score so high in experience. Apple has spent millions in understanding what makes the optimum experience. So, use that experience by mimicking a native app. There is another more practical reason — your users are used to navigating the native apps and will find a new app with similar UI simply easier to use. Uniformity in certain features like navigation and buttons gives users a familiarity that is largely positive.
- Reduce horizontal navigation: No user likes an app that makes them go back and forth all the time. It wastes time and is indicative of a bad design. Remove horizontal navigation wherever possible so that the user can get what he/she is looking for from the least number of screens.
- Keep you app compact and fast: The most important factor for any web or mobile application today is its speed. Sure, your users’ servers may work differently, but you can always ensure that the app architecture will work as fast as possible. Keep it compact and reduce the number of downloads to as few as you can. Check the speed using tools like Page Speed and YSlow. Finally, use it yourself to be sure.
- Test: Keep testing your app as you go along so that bugs and errors are caught at the very beginning. But testing here is not just a design requirement. Keep in mind that Apple has the industry’s highest standards when it comes to allowing apps in the App Store and they are pretty strict about. Anything that falls short is simply not accepted. So, testing regularly can save your app from being outrightly rejected!
Fortunately, Apple also provides a number of comprehensive testing tools for iphone app development India, like the Xcode. You can also use iPhone simulators. But these are not always foolproof because the iPhone OS is quite different. It would be a better bet to becoming a registered developer with Apple and test your app on the devise.
Written by: Rosina De Palma, Senior technical writer/editor, author and blogger. Aspiring minimalist.