2016’s Top-Earning Dead Celebrities List: Michael Jackson is still breaking records From beyond the grave
For the 4th straight year, King of Pop Michael Jackson topped the annual list of the highest-paid deceased celebrities of 2016, according to estimates from Forbes magazine.
The late pop icon, raked in a bumper $825 million in earnings for the 12 months ending October 1, Peanuts creator and cartoonist Charles M Schulz was in 2nd place, who has earned $48 million in the last year.
Arnold Palmer, meanwhile, claimed the No. 3 spot, pulling in a staggering $40 million, music legends Elvis Presley and Prince round out the top 5 list with earnings of $27 million and $25 million, respectively.
In total, the list includes 5 musicians, 2 cartoonists (Schulz and Theodor “Dr. Seuss” Geisel), Arnold Palmer, Bettie Page and Albert Einstein.
Top 10 highest-paid dead celebrities of 2016 – These famous people don’t let death stop them:
1. Michael Jackson – $825 million
2. Charles Schulz – $48 million
3. Arnold Palmer – $40 million
4. Elvis Presley – $27 million
5. Prince – $25 million
6. Bob Marley – $21 million
7. Theador Geiel “Dr. Seuss” – $20 million
8. John Lennon – $12 million
9. Albert Einstein – $11.5 million
10. Bettie Page – $11 million
11. David Bowie – $10.5 million
12. Steve McQueen – $9 million
13. Elizabeth Taylor – $8 million
You may also be interested in:
- Why Obama wants college kids to use #dontdoublemyrate hashtag on Twitter? President Obama asked college kids to use #dontdoublemyrate hashtag on Twitter to express opposition to a hike in interest on federal student loans. "Everyone who is watching or following […] Posted in Leadership
- How to Optimize Your Use of Online Forms Forms are great marketing tools in your strategy to generate leads. They’re the foundation to strong business relationships because they pave the way for further communication with your […] Posted in Perspective
- Top 15 Most Visited Businesses In The US Based On Foot Traffic Amazingly, Americans go to McDonald's, Starbucks, Subway, and Target more frequently than Post Office or a bank, according to a new ranking of the 100 most visited businesses compiled by […] Posted in Leadership
- 5 Resources You Can Outsource As a business owner or manager, there will come a time when you have to decide: Hire someone or outsource? Outsourcing no longer has the same stigma attached to it as it used to. In fact, […] Posted in Leadership
- Which Political Party Richest People In America Have Made Personal Contributions? Is the GOP the party of the rich? Or is the Democratic Party the party of the rich? Got a theory?Charles Ergen --- Democrats --- worth an estimated at $15 billion.Dish Network […] Posted in Leadership
- World’s Richest Female Athletes in professional sports Maria Sharapova made $27.1 million in the last twelve-month period and is the highest-paid female athlete in the world for an 18 straight year followed by Li Na and Serena Williams. Here […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.