The 25 Most Innovative Economies In The World, 2016, Switzerland Tops Again
Switzerland has been named the world’s most innovative economy in a new survey by Cornell University, INSEAD and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). Of the top 25 countries on the list, 15 of the economies hail from Europe.
Switzerland retains the top spot for the 6th consecutive year. Sweden climbed to 2nd place from 3rd in 2015 in a top-5 most innovative economies table that included Switzerland at the top, followed by the UK in 3rd place and the US and Finland in the 4th and 5th.
Rounding out the top 10 economies, out of 128, were the Singapore in 6th, followed by Ireland, Denmark, the Netherlands and Germany.
Thanks to its investments in Education and R&D, for the first time, China ranks among the top 25 on the list of the world’s top innovative economies.
Other emerging economies are climbing the list of efficient innovators, including India, which climbed 15 spots, from 81st last year to 66th this year. The top 25 most innovative economies on the index typically comprises of high-income countries.
World’s 25 most innovative countries, 2016
1. Switzerland (Number 1 in 2015)
2. Sweden (3)
3. United Kingdom (2)
4. United States of America (5)
5. Finland (6)
6. Singapore (7)
7. Ireland (8)
8. Denmark (10)
9. Netherlands (4)
10. Germany (12)
11. Republic of Korea (14)
12. Luxembourg (9)
13. Iceland (13)
14. Hong Kong (China) (11)
15. Canada (16)
16. Japan (19)
17. New Zealand (15)
18. France (21)
19. Australia (17)
20. Austria (18)
21. Israel (22)
22. Norway (20)
23. Belgium (25)
24. Estonia (23)
25. China (29)
You may also be interested in:
- 10 Mightiest Computing Machines: The Fastest Supercomputers In The World China's quest for world domination has added a new chapter --- Chinese government-run National University of Defence Technology has built the world’s fastest supercomputer (Tianhe-2), […] Posted in Rankings
- List Of Top Celebrities Most Embarrassing Moments – Best Microphone Gaffes 1. Barack Obama - President of the United States Barack Obama was overheard telling outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, that he would have “more flexibility” to negotiate on a […] Posted in Leadership
- Trade Promotions: Money down the Drain ? Consumer product companies (FMCG, Durables) are staring at a dip in consumer confidence in India, wherein, the country lost its numero uno position to Indonesia, according to the latest […] Posted in Leadership
- How Hiring International Freelancers Opens the Door to Untapped Talent Emerging markets such as Argentina, Egypt and Pakistan are often overlooked in the international business landscape, despite the extensive entrepreneurism and professional talent on all […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Best Trendy Pants and Shorts for Women to buy Here is a list of the Top Best Trendy Pants and Shorts for Women to buy, that’ll be perfect for her. With a lineup of surprising new styles, the first rule of shopping for Pants and Shorts […] Posted in Leadership
- Business Lessons From Howard Schultz: Make Them Look Good Theatre improvisers have a mantra: make your partner look good. This philosophy sits at the core of strong ensemble work. Improv shows can very quickly fall apart if one performer is […] Posted in CEO Insider
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.