Ranked number one on the list, Angela Merkel is the most influential woman on the planet today, according to the Agence France-Presse (AFP) news agency. German chancellor was placed ahead of the UK’s 2nd woman prime minister — after Margaret Thatcher, Theresa May, in the 2016 list of the world’s 10 most powerful women.
The list also includes Michelle Bachelet, Christine Lagarde, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen (8), UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova (9), and Margaret Chan (10) – these women are making waves with their achievements.
So if you’re craving raw power, I’m talking policy-bending, headline-making, and world-changing power, here’s our list of The 100 Most Powerful Women In The World, 2016.
List of the world’s top 10 most powerful women, 2016
1. Angela Merkel, German chancellor
2. Theresa May, UK’s second woman prime minister — after Margaret Thatcher
3. Hillary Clinton, US presidential hopeful
4. Aung San Suu Kyi, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and Myanmar State Counsellor.
5. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, the president of Liberia also Africa’s first elected woman president.
6. Michelle Bachelet, the president of Chile
7. Christine Lagarde, first woman to head the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
8. Janet Yellen, head of the US Federal Reserve
9. Irina Bokova, the first woman to head the UN cultural organisation UNESCO
10. Margaret Chan, Director-general of the World Health Organization
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These Are The 20 Highest-Paid Political Leaders In The World In 2018 - 04/24/2018
- Top 20 best summer vacation destinations in the United States, 2018 - 04/23/2018
- These Are The 20 Most Overrated Books of All Time, And Yes, List Include Bible, Ernest Hemingway, Paulo Coelho, And Mark Twain - 04/23/2018