25 Most Influential People In UK Media, 2015 List
Mark Zuckerberg has been named the most powerful person in U.K. media, 2015, the Facebook creator rose to the top of the annual MediaGuardian 100 list of the most powerful players affecting the media industry in the United Kingdom.
Larry Page, the co-founder and the chief executive of technology giant Google’s parent company, Alphabet Inc, took the second place, followed by the Apple chief executive, Tim Cook.
George Osborne, chancellor of the exchequer, one of the high-profile new entrant, took the 3rd place, while Rupert Murdoch, head of 21st Century Fox and News Corp, climbed from the 7th to the 5th spot this year, Tony Hall, director general, BBC fell from the 4th to the 6th spot.
The highest-ranking woman on the list is singer Taylor Swift, one of the biggest-selling artists on the planet, who comes in 8th.
The number of women in the list of the top 100 most influential people in U.K. media, 2015, rose by more than half on last year, to 31.
Other high-profile new entrants include Sharon White, chief executive of media regulator Ofcom, at number 10, and the singer Adele, at number 48. The list recognises those who have exercised power within digital media, television, radio, print and marketing over the past year.
The top 25 most influential people in U.K. media, 2015 list:
1. Mark Zuckerberg, Founder, chief executive, Facebook
2. Larry Page, CEO, Alphabet; co-founder, Google
3. Tim Cook, Chief executive, Apple
4. George Osborne, UK chancellor
5. Rupert Murdoch, Co-chair, 21st Century Fox, executive chair, News Corp
6. Tony Hall, Director general, BBC
7. Jeff Bezos, Founder, CEO, Amazon
8. Taylor Swift, Singer and songwriter
9. Paul Dacre/Martin Clarke, Editor-in-chief, Associated Newspapers (Dacre); publisher, Mail Online (Clarke)
10. Sharon White, Chief executive, Ofcom
11. John Whittingdale, Culture secretary
12. Jeremy Darroch, chief executive, Sky; chair, Sky Deutschland
13. Chris Evans, presenter
14. Martin Sorrell, chief executive, WPP Group
15. Rebekah Brooks, chief executive, News UK
16. Adam Crozier, chief executive, ITV
17. Evan Spiegel, co-founder, chief executive, Snapchat
18. Lenny Henry, actor, writer, comedian
19. Kevin Systrom, chief executive, Instagram
20. Peter Fincham, director of television, ITV
21. Charlotte Moore, controller, BBC1
22. Ted Sarandos, chief content officer, Netflix
23. Simon Cowell, presenter, music and TV producer
24. Katharine Viner, editor-in-chief, the Guardian
25. Tony Gallagher, editor, the Sun
You may also be interested in:
- Timing Is Everything and In Life and In Business, Here is why? Timing Is Everything and In Life and In Business, Here is why? There is a great deal of truth in that statement. Timing is essential when dealing with people. You don't ask for a raise […] Posted in Leadership
- The top 15 highest-paid female chief executives in America in 2014: Women CEOs Unsurprisingly, Marillyn Hewson, the head of defense giant, Lockheed-Martin, was the highest-paid chief executives in America in the Wall Street Journal study. She took the No. 11 spot on […] Posted in Leadership
- Money Talks- Justin Bieber and Jason Arasheben designed Family Guy-inspired Stewie pendant necklace New Rumors Says The pop sensation Justin Bieber spend $25,000 on Family Guy-inspired Stewie pendant necklace designed by him and Jason Arasheben. Earlier, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
- Learn to Fly: Leadership Lessons From an Amazing Foo Fighters Concert A sweaty mass of headbanging music lovers isn’t the typical CEO scene, but a CEO could certainly learn a thing or two from the band who’s inspiring the crowd — in this case, the Foo […] Posted in Leadership
- The five benefits of working from home Working from home gives employees a range of benefits, from flexibility to ditching the daily commute and achieving a better work-life balance, research reveals.In a recent survey, run […] Posted in Leadership
- AOL goes social with Facebook and AIM instant messaging client partnership Facebook and AOL Inc. [[AOL]] announced a partnership that will allow AIM instant messaging client users to add friends and chat with their Facebook friends. The allows AIM users to send […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.