The World’s Top 20 Most Prosperous Economies, 2015
Despite being outside the European Union, Norway has been named the most prosperous economy in the world, followed by Switzerland and Denmark, according the Legatum Institute, a think-tank based out of Great Britain.
While New Zealand ranked fourth, Sweden fifth, Canada sixth, Australia seventh, with Netherlands and Finland taking the next two spots, the United States down in 11th. The Scandinavian countries scored highly for factors including education, entrepreneurship and opportunity, the economy, health and social capital.
Canada, Norway, New Zealand, Iceland and Ireland were ranked as the five most tolerant countries towards migrants. After measuring 142 countries across eight categories: economy, entrepreneurship and opportunity, governance, education, health, safety and security, personal freedom and social capital.
Here are the top 20 most prosperous economies:
4. New Zealand
11. United States
15. United Kingdom
20. Hong Kong
Here are the top 20 least prosperous economies:
124. Sierra Leone
127. Congo, Rep.
137. Congo, Dem. Rep.
142. Central African Republic
You may also be interested in:
- Top 10 most popular smartphone apps in the Android market 1) Google Voice - Place calls and send text messages showing your Google number. Listen to voicemail and read transcripts. Currently only available in the US.2) Advanced Task Killer - […] Posted in Leadership
- World’s Top 20 Cities Most Vulnerable To Coastal Flooding By 2070 Unfortunately, India’s Kolkata and Mumbai top the list of cities whose populations are most exposed to coastal flooding, with 14 million and 11.4 million respectively, according to new […] Posted in Rankings
- What Personally Motivates CEOs To Act On Climate Change? A desire to protect the interests of future generations is seen as a critical or even overriding factor that motivates CEOs to drive business action on climate change, according to PwC’s […] Posted in Leadership
- The Top 35 Qualities Every Great Manager Needs To Succeed We asked more than 125,000 managers, bosses, and high-level executives to suggest the top qualities every great manager needs to succeed? So, how do good managers become great […] Posted in Growth Leaders
- Success Has No Age Limit: Eight CEOs Who Made Their Fortune Before 30 Does success have an age limit? For previous generations of successful entrepreneurs and business moguls, the road to success has been long and hard-fought. In fact, according to Warren […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
- Foodie Love- Foursquare signs a deal with Zagat to create media and entertainment mix Foursquare, a location based social network that incorporates gaming elements, signs a deal with restaurant rating guide Zagat. Zagat is calling the partnership, “Foodie Love,”. The […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.