The top 20 universities in the world for 2015
The Harvard University has been ranked as the No. 1 university in the world by the Academic Ranking of World Universities, crunched by the Center for World-Class Universities at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
The rest of the top 10 universities remain virtually unchanged from previous years, Stanford placed second, followed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, UC-Berkeley, the University of Cambridge, Princeton, CalTech, Columbia, the University of Chicago, and the University of Oxford – all retaining their exact ranking from 2014.
For the 2015 ranking, sixteen of the top 20 universities in the world are in the United States, with Harvard leading the prestigious list.
Three of the top 20 best universities in the world are located in the the United Kingdom: Cambridge (No. 5), Oxford (No. 10), and University College London (tied for No. 18).
Only one European university, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich), cracked the top 20, coming in 20th place.
The top 20 universities in the world for 2015, are as follows:
1. Harvard University
2. Stanford University
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
4. University of California, Berkley
5. University of Cambridge
6. Princeton University
7. California Institute of Technology
8. Columbia University
9. University of Chicago
10. University of Oxford
11. Yale University
12. University of California, Los Angeles
13. Cornell University
14. University of California, San Diego
15. University of Washington
16. John Hopkins University
17. University of Pennsylvania
18.University College of London
19. University of California, San Francisco
20. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
You may also be interested in:
- 6 Chinese women have made it to Forbes list of world’s 100 most powerful women The Chinese contingent on the Forbes Magazine galley including Lucy Peng (Peng Lei), 42-year old co-founder of Alibaba Group; Dr. Margaret Chan, World Health Organization director general; […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Managing Conflict Between Generations Feeling like a dinosaur in the workplace? So does your 25-year-old millennial coworker.No matter your age or industry, the younger generation can feel like a workplace threat. As […] Posted in CEO Insider
- How small businesses are creating new job opportunities for many poor people: Pictures? The shoemaker in Turkey, the potato seller in Vietnam, and the washerman in India are among the billions of low income entrepreneurs, who makes the world population go round. Please find […] Posted in Rankings
- 4 Common Misconceptions About Cloud Technology These days, it seems everyone’s talking about “the cloud.” As consumers and businesses attempt to decipher what it means and what it does, there are many myths emerging that are quickly […] Posted in Leadership
- Why Obama wants college kids to use #dontdoublemyrate hashtag on Twitter? President Obama asked college kids to use #dontdoublemyrate hashtag on Twitter to express opposition to a hike in interest on federal student loans. "Everyone who is watching or following […] Posted in Leadership
- 5 Solid Suggestions to Reinforce Your Company Culture One of the key challenges that face any business owner is how to build a business that is independent of themselves. In other words, how can they build a business that isn’t reliant on […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.