List Of American Companies With The Largest CEO Worker Pay Gaps
Discovery Communications topped the list of companies with the largest pay gap between their CEO to average worker, according to a study by Glassdoor, the career and recruiting company.
In 2014, David Zaslav, chief executive officer of Discovery Communications made $156 million, while average employee’s salary was $80,000. The ratio between David M. Zaslav’s pay and the median pay of Discovery employees is 1,951 to 1.
The second highest is Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., where CEO Steve Ells earned $28.9 million while median Chipotle worker pay was $19,000, for a pay ratio of 1,522.
Rounding out the top 5 with the highest pay ratios are CVS Health’s CEO Larry J. Merlo earned 1,192 times his average employee’s salary, Walmart’s CEO Douglas McMillon earned 1,133 times more his average employee’s salary, and Target’s CEO Brian C. Cornell earned 939 times his average employee’s salary.
The shocking figures expose the huge wage gap in businesses:
Across all companies, the average American CEO pay was $13.8 million per year, while the average hard working employee earned a median salary of $77,800. That means the average American CEO of a public company earns 204 times the median employee’s salary.
That analysis resulted in 26 companies where the CEO’s 2014 compensation was more than 500 times that of their median worker.
List Of American Companies With The Largest CEO Worker Pay Gaps:
CEO pay versus worker pay:
You may also be interested in:
- Rob McElhenney (Mac) on the FX TV series It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia- Weight Gain Formula Rob McElhenney (Robert Dale "Rob" McElhenney) of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, an American television sitcom, gives his Weight Gain Formula. Rob McElhenney. "I tried to look as ugly […] Posted in Leadership, Rankings
- Solexant raises $42 million in venture capital- Olympus Capital Partners Solexant Corp., developer of third-generation ultrathin-film PV technology, raised $41.5 million in venture financing. Olympus Capital Partners led the round of financing, which included […] Posted in Leadership
- Zynga worth over $3bn- Farmville now has 80 million Facebook users Zynga's Facebook game Farmville application popularity is really booming at the moment, with the stats showing that it has reached the 80 million user milestone (31 million daily active […] Posted in Leadership
- Leadership Fundamentals That Every CEO Should Know Over the past 20 years our perception of leadership has changed. Leadership theories have come and gone and leadership gurus have risen then faded away. Guidance on how to be a good leader […] Posted in Perspective
- The Top 10 Countries With The Largest Military Budgets: Major World Powers As predicted, United States has by far the biggest military budget (accounted for 37 percent of total global military spending), according to a report published by the Stockholm […] Posted in Leadership
- 8 Steps to Help Improve Your Daily Energy Level We all have careers and dreams and goals we would like to accomplish. And, it’s easy to get into “work mode” and focus intently on your job. But sometimes people work so hard that they […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.