As the U.S. economy continues to recover, surprisingly, San Francisco topped a list of the America’s richest cities, according to a new estimates by the USA Today. Which U.S. cities have the highest costs of living?
San Francisco has been named the America’s richest city to live in – but what about New York City or Los Angeles?
Residents in San Francisco, which was No. 1, need need a salary of $124,561 a year to live “comfortably,” but, as always, some cities of the U.S. are wealthier than others.
Right behind San Francisco at No. 2 is San Jose where to be comfortable, residents need a salary of $115,000. Washington, D.C, meanwhile, was ranked 3rd. 2 others California cities made the list — San Diego and Los Angeles.
Seattle ranked No. 4 on the list. Residents there need more than $93,634 to live comfortably there. And in San Diego, which ranked No. 5, residents need more than $101,984.
The rankings were adjusted to compensate for cost of living in each city.
Following is a look at each of the 10 richest cities in the United States to live in.
1. San Francisco — You’d need a salary of $124,561 to live comfortably in San Francisco.
2. San Jose — You’d need a salary of $115,515 to live comfortably in San Jose.
3. Washington, D.C. — You’d need a salary of $108,092 to live comfortably in Washington, D.C.
4. Seattle — You’d need a salary of $93,634 to live comfortably in Seattle.
5. San Diego — You’d need a salary of $101,984 to live comfortably in San Diego.
6. Boston — You’d need a salary of $106,082 to live comfortably in Boston.
7. New York City — To live comfortably, you’d need a salary of $131,365 in Brooklyn, $169,639 in Manhattan, and $116,907 in Queens.
8. Los Angeles — You’d need a salary of $102,061 to live comfortably in Los Angeles.
9. Denver — You’d need a salary of $82,036 to live comfortably in Denver.
10. Austin — You’d need a salary of $72,912 to live comfortably in Austin.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com