Amazingly, Amal Clooney (née Alamuddin) was named the most fascinating person of 2014 by the 85-year-old broadcast journalist, Barbara Walters.
A well respected and highly-regarded human rights barrister, Amal Clooney, formerly Amal Alamuddin, beat out the likes of singer Taylor Swift, actor Scarlett Johansson and even Oprah Winfrey.
George Clooney, an actor who sells coffee machines in his spare time, married his 36-year-old Oxford-educated bride in September.
George and Alamuddin met at a charity function in Italy where she refused to take his number. George Clooney reportedly then sent her an email suggesting “the hottest man in the world should meet with the hottest human rights lawyer in the world”. She replied a few days later.
Less than impressed? You’re not alone.
“Yes, in Barbara Walters’s world, marrying Hollywood’s most notorious bachelor puts you on par with Mother Teresa,” Emily Yahr at the Washington Post noted.
The rest of the list includes Taylor Swift, Michael Strahan, philanthropist David Koch, Oprah Winfrey, Elon Musk, George R.R. Martin, Chelsea Handler, Neil Patrick Harris and Scarlett Johansson.
This year’s list includes:
1. Amal Clooney
3. Michael Strahan – TV personality, former professional football player
4. David Koch – the executive vice president of Wichita’s Koch Industries
5. Oprah Winfrey
6. Elon Musk – Tesla founder and chief executive
7. George R.R. Martin – Author, known for his popular, now turned HBO TV hit ‘Game of Thrones.’
8. Chelsea Handler
9. Neil Patrick Harris
10. Scarlett Johansson
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These Are The 20 Highest-Paid Political Leaders In The World In 2018 - 04/24/2018
- Top 20 best summer vacation destinations in the United States, 2018 - 04/23/2018
- These Are The 20 Most Overrated Books of All Time, And Yes, List Include Bible, Ernest Hemingway, Paulo Coelho, And Mark Twain - 04/23/2018