Amazingly, Amal Clooney (née Alamuddin) was named the most fascinating person of 2014 by the 85-year-old broadcast journalist, Barbara Walters.
A well respected and highly-regarded human rights barrister, Amal Clooney, formerly Amal Alamuddin, beat out the likes of singer Taylor Swift, actor Scarlett Johansson and even Oprah Winfrey.
George Clooney, an actor who sells coffee machines in his spare time, married his 36-year-old Oxford-educated bride in September.
George and Alamuddin met at a charity function in Italy where she refused to take his number. George Clooney reportedly then sent her an email suggesting “the hottest man in the world should meet with the hottest human rights lawyer in the world”. She replied a few days later.
Less than impressed? You’re not alone.
“Yes, in Barbara Walters’s world, marrying Hollywood’s most notorious bachelor puts you on par with Mother Teresa,” Emily Yahr at the Washington Post noted.
The rest of the list includes Taylor Swift, Michael Strahan, philanthropist David Koch, Oprah Winfrey, Elon Musk, George R.R. Martin, Chelsea Handler, Neil Patrick Harris and Scarlett Johansson.
This year’s list includes:
1. Amal Clooney
3. Michael Strahan – TV personality, former professional football player
4. David Koch – the executive vice president of Wichita’s Koch Industries
5. Oprah Winfrey
6. Elon Musk – Tesla founder and chief executive
7. George R.R. Martin – Author, known for his popular, now turned HBO TV hit ‘Game of Thrones.’
8. Chelsea Handler
9. Neil Patrick Harris
10. Scarlett Johansson
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Revealed: 5 Least Socially Inclusive Universities In The UK, 2018 - September 25, 2018
- Ranked: The Most (And The Least) Fun Cities In The United States For 2018 - September 24, 2018
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018