Amazingly, Amal Clooney (née Alamuddin) was named the most fascinating person of 2014 by the 85-year-old broadcast journalist, Barbara Walters.
A well respected and highly-regarded human rights barrister, Amal Clooney, formerly Amal Alamuddin, beat out the likes of singer Taylor Swift, actor Scarlett Johansson and even Oprah Winfrey.
George Clooney, an actor who sells coffee machines in his spare time, married his 36-year-old Oxford-educated bride in September.
George and Alamuddin met at a charity function in Italy where she refused to take his number. George Clooney reportedly then sent her an email suggesting “the hottest man in the world should meet with the hottest human rights lawyer in the world”. She replied a few days later.
Less than impressed? You’re not alone.
“Yes, in Barbara Walters’s world, marrying Hollywood’s most notorious bachelor puts you on par with Mother Teresa,” Emily Yahr at the Washington Post noted.
The rest of the list includes Taylor Swift, Michael Strahan, philanthropist David Koch, Oprah Winfrey, Elon Musk, George R.R. Martin, Chelsea Handler, Neil Patrick Harris and Scarlett Johansson.
This year’s list includes:
1. Amal Clooney
3. Michael Strahan – TV personality, former professional football player
4. David Koch – the executive vice president of Wichita’s Koch Industries
5. Oprah Winfrey
6. Elon Musk – Tesla founder and chief executive
7. George R.R. Martin – Author, known for his popular, now turned HBO TV hit ‘Game of Thrones.’
8. Chelsea Handler
9. Neil Patrick Harris
10. Scarlett Johansson
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com