According to a CEOWORLD magazine ranking that takes into account the published work of professors in leading business journals, topped by The Wharton school. A distant second is NYU Stern School of Business followed by Harvard Business School, Robert H. Smith School of Business, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, and London Business School.
In the “Top 25 business schools based on academic excellence and business research ranking” from outside the US are INSEAD (8), the Rotman School of Management – University of Toronto (12), The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (17), and London Business School (LBS) (6).
Top 25 Business Schools Based On Academic Excellence & Business Research Ranking:
1) The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (also known as the Wharton School), one of the most published faculties and one of the largest and most influential alumni networks of any business school. World’s first collegiate business school, established in 1881, it is recognized globally for intellectual leadership and ongoing innovation across every major discipline of business education.
2) NYU Stern School of Business – New York University, one of the oldest and most prestigious business schools in the world, offers graduate programs in these departments and concentrations: accounting, e-commerce, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, general management, international business, leadership, manufacturing and technology management, marketing, management information systems, not-for-profit management, production/operations management, organizational behavior, real estate, supply chain management/logistics, and quantitative analysis/statistics and operations research.
3) Harvard Business School, located on a 40-acre campus in Boston. Its faculty of more than 200 offers full-time programs leading to the MBA and doctoral degrees, as well as more than 75 open enrollment Executive Education programs and more than 60 custom programs.
4) Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, an internationally recognized leader in management education and research. It offers undergraduate, full-time, part-time, online, and executive MBA, executive MS, PhD, and executive education programs, as well as outreach services to the corporate community.
5) Stephen M. Ross School of Business – University of Michigan, a vibrant and distinctive learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today’s dynamic global economy. Programs at Ross include Full-time MBA, Part-time MBA, Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Entrepreneurship, BBA, and PhD degree programs, as well as non-degree Executive Education.
6) London Business School (LBS), established in 1964, offers degrees across MBA, Executive MBA, EMBA-Global, Masters in Finance, Masters in Management, Sloan MSc, PhD, and runs custom-designed and open Executive Education programmes.
7) McCombs School of Business, dedicated to educating the business leaders of tomorrow while creating knowledge for industry and society, creating one of the largest cumulative impacts of any business school in the world.
8) INSEAD, one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching.
9) Kellogg School of Management – Northwestern University, brings bold ideas to the table, educate, equip and inspire leaders who build strong organizations and wisely leverage the power of markets to create lasting value.
10) MIT Sloan School of Management based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is one of the world’s leading business schools — conducting cutting-edge research and providing management education to top students from more than 60 countries. The School is part of MIT’s rich intellectual tradition of education and research.
11) The University of Chicago Booth School of Business – Since 1898, it has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. It’s rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms our students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
12) Rotman School of Management – University of Toronto, redesigning business education for the 21st century with a curriculum based on Integrative Thinking. Rotman fosters a new way to think, enabling the design of creative business solutions. The current model of business education – which divides business into a number of functional areas – has changed little since its introduction in the early 20th century.
13) Naveen Jindal School of Management (University of Texas at Dallas), keeps abreast of corporate and industry needs as an essential component in providing students with rigorous training and relevant skills for professional success. rograms are offered at the undergraduate, MBA, master’s, PhD and executive levels. Programs focus around five broad topics of business specialization: Accounting, Finance and Managerial Economics, Information Systems and Operations Management, Marketing, Organizations, Strategy and International Management.
14) USC Marshall School of Business, provides powerful global experiences across a range of disciplines and interests. USC Marshall was the first school to require international travel and study projects as an integral part of every MBA degree. Marshall’s Global Leadership and Learning About International Commerce programs were the first of their kind available to freshman students. And USC is home to more international students than any other American university.
15) Stanford Graduate School of Business, the most selective B-school in the U.S. The education you receive at Stanford GSB will empower you with the knowledge, skills, and long-term vision that lead to innovation and growth. And, you’ll build a powerful network of accomplished, inspiring colleagues that will continue to sustain you, long after your final class.
16) Columbia Business School, offers graduate programs in these departments and concentrations: accounting, consulting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, general management, health care administration, human resources management, international business, leadership, marketing, not-for-profit management, production/operations management, portfolio management, real estate, and quantitative analysis/statistics and operations research
17) The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, A dynamic, international research university, in relentless pursuit of excellence, leading the advance of science and technology, and educating the new generation of front-runners for Asia and the world. ounded in 1991, HKUST comprises five schools – Science, Engineering, Business and Management, Humanities and Social Science, and the Fok Ying Tung Graduate School in Guangzhou. We also have various institutes, such as the Institute for Advanced Study of HKUST, and the HKUST Shenzhen Institute based in Shenzhen. Our world-class international faculty members, coming from diverse backgrounds, are all PhD-qualified. Our undergraduate and postgraduate students represent a large number of nationalities.
18) Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business, has established itself as one of the leading business schools in the world. With talented faculty and renowned research centers, the school sits among top-ranked U.S. business schools. Fuqua is dedicated to advancing the understanding of management through research, putting research knowledge at the service of business and society, and providing the highest quality education for business and not-for-profit leaders worldwide. Sustained excellence in terms of management education, research, and the advancement of management practice has been the school’s mission with the end product (our graduates) being leaders of consequence.
19) UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, known for a collaborative culture that stems from our core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork. Professors’ unparalleled dedication to teaching and research create extraordinary learning experiences that prepare students and executives to excel in a global environment. Recognized as one of the best, most comprehensive leadership programs by AACSB, we weave real-life learning into rigorous curricula.
20) UCLA Anderson School of Management, among the world’s leading business schools, with faculty renowned globally for their research and teaching excellence, offers MBA, Fully-Employed MBA, Executive MBA, Global Executive MBA for Asia Pacific, Global Executive MBA for the Americas, Master of Financial Engineering, doctoral and executive education programs.
21) Carlson School of Management – University of Minnesota, has been preparing and educating the world’s current and future business leaders. Part of one of the leading public research land grant universities in the country, the school fosters a forward thinking and ever-evolving research and learning environment. Offers graduate programs in these departments and concentrations: accounting, consulting, e-commerce, entrepreneurship, finance, general management, health care administration, human resources management, international business, marketing, management information systems, production/operations management, organizational behavior, portfolio management, public policy, supply chain management/logistics, quantitative analysis/statistics and operations research, and technology.
22) Fisher College of Business (The Ohio State University), offers graduate programs in these departments and concentrations: accounting, consulting, entrepreneurship, finance, human resources management, insurance, international business, leadership, marketing, not-for-profit management, production/operations management, organizational behavior, portfolio management, real estate, supply chain management/logistics, quantitative analysis/statistics and operations research, and transportation.
23) Kelley School of Business: Indiana University, offers undergraduate, MBA, master’s and doctoral degrees, as well as graduate certificates and executive education, at Indiana University’s Bloomington and Indianapolis campuses. Also offered is an Online MBA through Kelley Direct. Our innovative integrated curriculum teaches essential business, personal and team skills with a real-world context that extends globally.
24) Smeal College of Business at The Pennsylvania State University, at the heart of business education and research at Penn State. With academic programs that span the business spectrum, we offer highly ranked undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and executive education opportunities to more than 6,000 students.
25) University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, a world leader in research, teaching and public engagement, founded in 1867, located in the twin cities of Urbana and Champaign in east-central Illinois, only a few hours from Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis.
Latest posts by Amarendra Bhushan (see all)
- 25 Of The Most Powerful Customer Satisfaction Quotes - October 8, 2015
- The World’s Top 20 Most Valuable Brands For 2015 - October 5, 2015
- What non-tech recruiters need to look for when seeking the right tech talent - October 1, 2015