info@ceoworld.biz
Wednesday, February 21, 2024
CEOWORLD magazine - Latest - Money and Wealth - Billionaire Michael Dell gifted $350 million worth of Dell Technologies stock

Money and Wealth

Billionaire Michael Dell gifted $350 million worth of Dell Technologies stock

Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell Technologies, recently gave about $350 million worth of Dell stock into two of his charitable vehicles. It was his first donation of Dell shares since 2006, and his biggest gift of the company’s stock ever. Dell is worth an estimated $64.4 billion.

Approximately 40% of the shares went to Dell’s private family foundation, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation; the remaining 60% was funneled into donor-advised funds established by Michael and Susan Dell. Since its founding in 1999, the Dell Foundation has disbursed at least $2.4 billion, mostly to health– and education–related causes in the United States, India and South Africa.

Currently, roughly $64.4 billion of Dell’s net worth comes from his approximately 52.39% stake in Dell (his gift was just over 1% of his Dell shareholding) and 39.2% stake in VMware. Dell is slated to receive over $20 billion in Broadcom stock and cash in exchange for his stake.

Top Shareholders (Dell Technologies Inc.)

Michael Dell: 52.39%
Silver Lake Technology Management, L.L.C.: 12.55%
The Vanguard Group, Inc.: 2036%
Dodge & Cox: 2.29%
BlackRock, Inc.: 1.73%
Boston Partners Global Investors, Inc.: 1.4%
Arrowstreet Capital, Limited Partnership: 0.95%
Citadel Advisors LLC: 0.82%
LSV Asset Management: 0.80%
FMR LLC: 0.70%


Have you read?
World’s Most Influential and Innovative Companies.
World’s Best Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools.
The world’s top 50 most popular luxury brands for 2023.
Richest Tennis Players In The World.
Richest Actors In The World.


Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: info@ceoworld.biz
CEOWORLD magazine - Latest - Money and Wealth - Billionaire Michael Dell gifted $350 million worth of Dell Technologies stock
Katherina Davis
Deputy News Editor at CEOWORLD Magazine. Covering money, work, and lifestyle stories. Covering issues of importance to public company nominating and corporate governance committees, including new director recruitment, board evaluations, onboarding, director compensation and overall corporate governance. More recently, I have joined the newsletters team, writing and editing some of the CEOWORLD Magazine's key reader emails.