If you’re a busy parent, you know how overwhelming it can be to juggle all the things that come with running a household. From managing schedules to meal preparation and everything in between, it can feel like there’s never enough time in the day.
Even if you aren’t a parent, life admin and running a household can still take up time and space that could better be used for recharging your batteries. Enter ChatGPT, your personal home organiser. Here are 5 ways ChatGPT could simplify your life admin.
1. The virtual assistant
Have you received an unfair traffic fine (say, for parking) or had a problem around the house that needed fixing, either by a neighbour (e.g., barking dog) or landlord (e.g., leaky pipes)? Sometimes we put up with these things because we don’t want to upset someone, or deal with conflict.
- My neighbour’s dog barks all day while its owners are at work. I work from home and it’s very distracting. I like my neighbours and don’t want any problems with them. Write me a short, friendly and pleasant note that brings this situation to their attention.
- I have a leak in our small courtyard that seems to be coming up from the washing machine outflow. Write me a polite email for my landlord asking them to fix it.
- A product I have purchased came with a broken part. I have been unable to reach the store by phone. Write me a polite, yet firm, email asking them to contact me about the situation.
2. The virtual menu planner (or dietary strategist)
Ever had one of those days at work, and then you get home and someone asks, ‘What’s for dinner?’ and you draw a blank?
Well, no more! Let me introduce you to ‘meal planning made easy with ChatGPT’:
- I have a gluten intolerance and I’m struggling to find meals that fit my dietary restrictions. Suggest some gluten-free recipes that are easy to make?
- I have a limited budget for groceries, but I want to eat healthy and delicious meals. Suggest some affordable and nutritious meal ideas?
- I have chicken, rice and broccoli in my fridge, but I’m not sure what to make for dinner. Suggest a recipe idea that incorporates these ingredients?
3. The virtual travel agent
ChatGPT can even help you create a travel itinerary, including details on transportation options, advice on how to make reservations, and what activities are available. With ChatGPT’s assistance, planning a holiday becomes a breeze.
- Help me plan a budget-friendly, two-week-long caravanning holiday for a family of four with two children aged eight and ten based on the Australian east coast?
- What are the best destinations for a family-friendly holiday in Australia during the January school holidays?
- Where could I go for a two-week ecofriendly holiday in Australia that supports sustainable tourism, and would work for a family of five, including a six-month-old baby?
4. The virtual personal shopper
Finding gifts for others can be challenging. We are always at risk of buying stuff we would like, rather than thinking about things from the receiver’s perspective. Let ChatGPT be your personal shopping assistant.
- My 10 year wedding anniversary is approaching. Give me 10 traditional gift ideas for this milestone?
- My brother-in-law is turning 50. He likes 80’s music. Suggest 5 under $100 gift ideas.
- I need a housewarming gift for a friend. She likes cooking, cookbooks and gadgets and dislikes spending too much time on meal preparation. Gifts they have liked in the past included famous chef cookbooks, Japanese knife sets and cordless appliances. Provide 10 gift ideas.
5. The virtual entertainment curator
Tired of spending hours searching for the perfect movie or TV show to watch with your family or friends and the resulting arguments when you don’t get it right?
ChatGPT can suggest the best entertainment ideas for you by recommending movies, TV shows or podcasts that are tailored to your interests and preferences, making your family movie nights or long car rides more enjoyable and stress-free.
- What are 10 family friendly movies?
- We are going on a road trip, suggest 10 popular podcasts we could listen to?
- I enjoy science fiction, futuristic books. Who are 10 authors that fit this genre?
Whilst AI and ChatGPT can’t (yet) pay your bills for you, they can certainly take many of the day-to-day decisions away from you, preventing you from either making poor choices or none at all!
Written by Donna McGeorge.
Have you read?
The highest-paid tech CEOs in the United States.
Highest-Paid Biopharmaceutical CEOs in the United States.
Executive Pay: Top 8 Highest-Paid Hotel CEOs.
Openly LGBTQ CEOs at the helm of major global companies.
Top countries that admire their CEOs and other C-suite leadership teams the most.
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org