It is true that the majority of foreigners characterize Greece as a paradise on earth. A country of incredible natural beauty, where green marries blue and history stands steadfast for centuries. Greece has nothing to envy from exotic destinations such as Seychelles, Belize, Tahiti, Fiji, Bora Bora, Lakshadweep Islands, and the Maldives.
Despite the crisis, this country remains one of the most beautiful and attractive destinations. Every summer, the Greek islands become a magnet for many Hollywood stars. Thus, a few of them invested in domestic real estate, buying a house in Greece in order to become their own personal paradise. It is the enchanting sandy beaches, the crystal waters, the hospitable people, and the Greek cuisine that made the international celebrities fall in love with it and not be able to resist its charm. The list below includes celebrities who have bought a house in Greece.
- Jean-Paul Gaultier, Athens, Greece: The famous designer has bought an apartment (maisonette) in the capital. His house is located in a multi-story neoclassical building on Voreou Street, near the Monastiraki in the center of Athens. It is a maisonette of the 6th and 7th floor, with a total area of over 90sq.m., While it also has a large terrace overlooking the Holy Rock of the Acropolis. “Greece is my second home. I appreciate her energy, the warmth of her people, her gastronomy, and the combination of oriental and western elements, “Gaultier said.
- Silvio Berlusconi, Symi Island, Greece: Previous Italian Prime Minister and media mogul Silvio Berlusconi bought the house that fascinated him in 2008 in Symi. Every time his professional obligations allow him, he takes his yacht and sails to the “Aegean diamond”. The summer luxury cottage is located in the area of Emporios or Nimborios, overlooking the endless blue. The house is essentially located in the sea and has its own pier so that the yachts can be easily connected. What is certain, however, is that it will be difficult to go unnoticed, as both its architecture and the location are of interest to visitors.
- Bruce Willis, Corfu Island, Greece: Bruce Willis is one of the Hollywood stars who could not resist the beauties of Greece and rumored to have bought a summer house on the island of Corfu in the Ionian Sea. Bruce, “too hard to die”, is said to have bought a luxury villa in 2013 in the Kavos area of Corfu. The Hollywood actor loves our country and as it seems, he was enchanted by the beauty of the “Ionian Countess”, that’s why he invested there.
- Julia Roberts, Patmos Island, Greece: In recent years, “Pretty Woman” Julia Roberts has acquired her personal “shelter” on the island of Apocalypse, Patmos. According to the international press, the natural beauty and tranquility of the island were the triggers for the Hollywood actress to buy a two-story house. The star stone cottage of the star is 200 sq.m. overlooking on one side the Monastery of Agios Ioannis the Theologian and on the other the sea. It has three large bedrooms, a large living room, two bathrooms, and a fireplace.
- Tom Hanks, Antiparos Island, Greece: Tom Hanks never hid his love for Greek culture, and previously said he felt “110% Greek.” The Hollywood actor was one of the first to buy a property in Greece, choosing a house on a plot of 6 acres in Antiparos. He and his Greek-born wife, Rita Wilson, “sink” every summer on the Cycladic island and recharge their batteries at their 450-square-meter luxury cottage. The actor’s paradise is located between Glyfa and Chora. Those who have seen it up close, talk about “jewelry” with a breathtaking view. The stone-built cottage of the famous couple is very impressive and moves on island lines. It has a swimming pool, four bedrooms that are “bathed” by the light of the Cyclades, a private beach – in which there are often famous boats, which it hosts – and a hostel for VIP guests. This hostel is essentially an independent home on the same plot.
- Dimitry Rybolovlev, Skorpios, Greece: Russian tycoon Dmitry Rybolovlev has been the new owner of the legendary Scorpio of Aristotle Onassis since mid-April 2013. The late Greek shipowner bought the island in 1962 and married Jackie Kennedy six years later. In fact, it is said that he gave more than 100 million to Athena Onassis in order to acquire Scorpio, an island full of history in the blue of the Ionian Sea, which today is the refuge of his entire family. The Rybolovlev family’s goal is to create the first luxury housing complex in Greece to be located on a private island. Thus, the green Scorpio, which was the earthly paradise of Aristotle Onassis, will remember again the glorious moments he lived in the past.
- Angelli, Paxoi Island, Greece: Paxos has become an increasingly popular destination in recent years. Italians arrive by catamaran in 4 hours, while local celebrities have made the lush Ionian island their sanctuary. The clear waters of Sarakiniko Beach in Antipaxos, the sunshine in the exotic beauty of Butoumi Beach, the dense vegetation of age-old olive trees, pines and cypresses as well as the walks in the picturesque Gaios are some of the reasons that made the powerful Italian Agnelli family blue-green pearl “of the Ionian Islands. The Agnelli family – the owner of the Fiat car industry and the Juventus football team – has an impressive house on the island, something few know. The house is located in Mongonisi, it is built of stone, we would say hidden in the dense vegetation and overlooking the blue-green waters of the Ionian Sea.
- Yanni, Kalamata, Greece: Greek-born composer Giannis Chrysomallis, known worldwide as Yanni, although living permanently in the United States, never forgets his Greek roots and family in Greece. At the first opportunity, he visits his hometown of Kalamata. Besides, there is his paternal home, in Akrogiali, Kalamata, where he likes to spend time with friends and of course with his loved ones.