With an estimated net worth of $39 billion, David Thomson, chairman of Thomson Reuters, is the wealthiest person in Canada, that’s according to CEOWORLD magazine’s Canada Rich List Index For 2019. The number two spot for Canada was occupied by Joseph Tsai, vice-chairman of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, worth $10.2 billion.
According to the financial publication’s annual listing, 2019 saw the total wealth of the top 10 richest Canadian hits a new record high of $96.4 billion. Galen Weston is the third richest person in the country; his net worth stands at $9 billion.
David Cheriton and James Irving rounded up the top five wealthiest people in Canada with $6.4 billion and $6.3 billion, respectively.
To identify wealthiest people in Canada, CEOWORLD magazine reviewed numerous national and international media reports. Additional information about the billionaires came from Forbes global index, and all estimated net worth figures are in U.S. dollars. Jim Pattison is 6th on the list with $5.7 billion.
Huang Chulong holds the 7th spot with a whopping net worth of $5.6 billion, followed by Emanuele Saputo ($5.1 billion), Chip Wilson ($4.6 billion), and Mark Scheinberg ($4.5 billion).
Who Are Canada’s Top Billionaires?
Canadian Billionaires: Richest People In Canada, 2019
- David Thomson: $39 billion
- Joseph Tsai: $10.2 billion
- Galen Weston: $9 billion
- David Cheriton: $6.4 billion
- James Irving: $6.3 billion
- Jim Pattison: $5.7 billion
- Huang Chulong: $5.6 billion
- Emanuele (Lino) Saputo: $5.1 billion
- Chip Wilson: $4.6 billion
- Mark Scheinberg: $4.5 billion
- Alain Bouchard: $4.1 billion
- Peter Gilgan: $4 billion
- Arthur Irving: $3.5 billion
- Daryl Katz: $3.1 billion
- Bob Gaglardi: $3 billion
- Tobi Lutke: $2.9 billion
- Garrett Camp: $2.7 billion
- Robert Miller: $2.7 billion
- Mitchell Goldhar: $2.7 billion
- Lawrence Stroll: $2.6 billion
- Jean Coutu: $2.5 billion
- Michael Lee-Chin: $2.4 billion
- Carlo Fidani: $2.3 billion
- Serge Godin: $2.3 billion
- Charles Bronfman: $2.3 billion
- Jacques D’Amours: $2.1 billion
- Pierre Karl Péladeau: $1.8 billion
- Stephen Smith: $1.8 B $2 billion
- Marcel Adams: $1.7 billion
- Stephen Jarislowsky: $1.6 billion
- Hal Jackman: $1.6 billion
- Gerald Schwartz: $1.6 billion
- Mark Leonard: $1.5 billion
- N. Murray Edwards: $1.4 billion
- Bruce Flatt: $1.4 billion
- Brandt Louie: $1.4 billion
- Peter Szulczewski: $1.4 billion
- K. Rai Sahi: $1.3 billion
- Jack Cockwell: $1.3 billion
- Terence (Terry) Matthews: $1.2 billion
- Guy Laliberté: $1 billion
Have you read?
Richest People In Australia For 2019.
Richest People In Cyprus For 2019.
Richest People In Austria For 2019.
Richest People In Switzerland For 2019.
Richest Media Moguls In The World, 2019.
Richest People In The World For 2019.