Water is an inherent part of the world with over three-fourths of it occupancy compared to the land area. This element has something quite calming and soothing to it and many travelers look forward to visiting sailing destinations and where water is more a predominant environment.
Sailing has a long history and guaranteed to bring a memorable experience for the traveler with its blissful surroundings, adventures, and thrill as well.
Here are the top sailing destinations in the world which every water lover cannot afford to miss for the next travel plan:
- Balearic Islands, Spain: The tranquil waters of Balearics in Cabrera National Park is quite serene and a beautiful sight during the nights. Spend lazed out sailing times during the stay in this secluded island in Ibiza and undoubtedly, it is called the mecca of sailors! The place provides superyachts and exciting sailing community you would be pleased to interact with.
- Greek Islands, Greece: If you love a bit of sunshine, bright climate and perfect sailing temperature, Greek Islands has everything of it. The added advantage here is amazing history and the divine local cuisine for the passionate food lover! Dwell in the Greek culture which is thousands of years old. A yacht charter in Greece (Yachtcharter Griechenland) by Cosmos Yachting is undoubtedly the best way to discover Europe’s popular hotspot. Island hopping the Greek Isles on a boat rental is the perfect way to spend your next nautical holiday.
- Caribbean Islands: The birthplace of sailing and adventurous pirate spirit can be felt here. For a tropical twist in the beaches, summery vibes, and pristine waters- choose BVIs. The steady trad wind here makes sure that there is no wrong day to sail throughout the year!
- Dalmatian Islands, Croatia: Ever dreamt of 1000s of unexplored islands just waiting to be sailed on and visiting? Dalmatian Islands offers all this! Turquoise waters, picture-perfect ports, and spotless coves can be enjoyed solo as well with the family. Another added perk is exceptional sea food and stunning history. The Dalmatian Islands are one of the best sailing destinations in the Mediterranean region.
- The French Riviera (or Côte d’Azur), France: The French Riviera is the epitome of luxury and a holiday here will make you feel like a true celebrity! Many may think the glitzy South of France is a victim of its own popularity but it’s still one of the most beautiful sailing destinations in the world. Start at celebrity haunt Saint-Tropez and make your way along the celebrated coastline stopping off at Cannes, Nice and the millionaire playground, Monaco.
- Italian Riviera, Italy: Whether it’s the colorful picturesque Amalfi coastline, festivals, or the volcanic island of Sicily. Italy’s coastline has the Phlegraean Islands, Amalfi Coast, Aeolian Islands, Sardinia, Sorrento, Corsica, Positano and Sicily. The Italian coastline has medieval villages, vertical cities, monuments and lots of villages and beaches to explore.
- Azores, Portugal: The Azores are a cluster of nine volcanic islands located in the Atlantic Ocean, about 1,360 km west of continental Portugal.
- Corsica, France: With over 200 beaches, chic coastal resorts and fine weather, Corsica is one of the best kept secrets of the Western Mediterranean.
- Norwegian Fjords, Scandinavia: Towering mountains, waterfalls which cascade into deep and cold waters is the most beautiful aspect of sailing here. If you are wild at heart with a strong sense of adventure, Norwegian Fjords are a dream destination to get to this summer.
- Bay of Islands, New Zealand: Around 150 pristine islands which are raw and undeveloped, Bay of Islands offer a dream sailing trip for sure. Serene scenery, endless anchorages and secluded beaches here give a mesmerizing experience. Indeed, it is a world class place to explore by boat to get the best water feels.
- West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom: Love sailing with a twist of History? The breathtaking castles, stunning harbors, and fantastic scenery make this west coast a must visit sailing destination. This place also offers the finest whiskey ever in the world. The sailing opportunities here are highly rewarding and thrilling to witness.
- The Isles of Scilly, Cornwall, United Kingdom: Though being a part of the United Kingdom and just 28 miles away, Scillies is called the Cornish Caribbean for many good reasons. With numerous islands, beaches with crystal clear waters, lovely lagoons and abundant wildlife, Scilly is the ideal sailing destination in England.
Have you read?