Bora Bora is part of the French Polynesian Leeward Islands in the Pacific Ocean. Visitors come in search of the tropical climate and to live in resorts and water bungalows situated between the islands of the Bora Bora.
Bora Bora Islands are home to white sand beaches, lush greenery, soaring volcanic peaks, and water activities through coral reefs.
Why visit Bora Bora Island?
A holiday in Bora Bora is nothing less than a stay in paradise. The luxury that exists here is different and really worth a visit. The island is part of the beautiful social archipelago of French Polynesia. With a unique landscape, interesting heritage and wonderful experience, there is no reason not to visit.
How to reach Bora Bora Island?
First, you must fly to the French Polynesia Fa’a’ā International Airport (Tahiti International Airport) in Papeete, the main island of Tahiti.
From Papeete, Air Tahiti flies to Motu Mute, a small island in the northern part of the main island of Bora Bora.
Where to stay in Bora Bora Island?
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora: This is a family-friendly five-star resort with a top brand that caters to Bora Bora’s dreams. Think about the water bungalows, the dazzling list of restaurants, and a range of crazy activities, including paddling, yoga or meeting with resident marine biologists.
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort: In French Polynesia, nothing beats an idea of staying in a huge Bora Bora monastery, which is a famous feature of the 2009 movie couples retreat. It comes with every comfort and facility you can think of and offers amazing lagoon views.
- Le Meridien Resort: Another resort that is part of a large international French chain, the Le Meridien Bora Bora is very popular among the honeymoon set. The resort is only accessible by boat so it has that exclusive feeling that guests are alone with their partner. Imagine, you and your beloved ones stepping into the ocean from your personal water bungalow.
Editors’ Choice: Best Luxury Hotels in Bora Bora, French Polynesia:
1. Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora.
2. The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort.
3. Le Meridien Bora Bora.
4. Conrad Bora Bora Nui, Bora Bora.
5. InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, Bora Bora.
6. Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island, Bora Bora.
Best restaurants in Bora Bora Islands
- St. James Bora Bora:The restaurant is on the water and you can see the fish swimming under the pool. The food is delicious and the service is the best in the French Polynesian Islands. For a perfect Sunday brunch, look no further than St. James.
- Bora Bora Yacht Club Restaurant: The open-air restaurant offers the freshest seafood with a blend of Polynesian flavors. There is also a 24 x 7 bar, perfect for all those who love energetic vibes, drinks, and fine dining.
- The Lucky House – Fare Manuia: Lucky House is different from the rest of the popular restaurants of Bora Bora. The restaurant offers the best of fast food, including delicious burgers, pizzas and, most importantly, cold beer. It is an ideal stop-over for a relaxing break.
- Noa Noa Restaurant:How about starting your day on the beach? Book a table and enjoy a filling breakfast at Noa Noa restaurant. The restaurant has seating on the beach where you can all three at the same time- SUN, SEA, and FOOD!
- Matira Beach Restaurant:The doors of Matira Beach Restaurant offers direct access to the white sands and the tranquil green waters of the lagoon. This beachside restaurant of Bora Bora offers a unique blend of French and Japanese cuisine. The wooden interiors will offer a glimpse of Japanese architecture.
Things to do in Bora Bora
Arno Bay is a must-see because of its clear waters and fascinating scenery. Hiking the famous, Mt Ohue and Mt Pahia – isn’t what you do every day, right? They are the most scenic peaks situated on these heavenly islands.
World’s most beautiful beach- Marina awaits you to spend a day and bask some sun. If Sunday prayers are what you miss, read them at Paroisse Saint Pierre-Celestin Church.
You just can’t miss visiting the ‘Lagoons of Bora Bora’. Take a Lagoon Tour in a glass bottom boat, try your hands at snorkeling or simply embrace the gorgeous sunset scene from the shore- the choice is all yours.
Have you read?
The 6 Most Beautiful Driving Destinations In Europe.
Top Honeymoon Destinations In 2019 Revealed.
Top 5 Hair Colouring Trends You Should Definitely Try Out This Year.
Celebrate Gay Pride By Visiting These LGBTQ-Friendly Destinations!
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the CEOWORLD magazine.
We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here’s our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow The CEOWORLD magazine on Facebook, Twitter (@ceoworld), Instagram, and LinkedIn.