25 Best U.S. Colleges And Universities For Your Money: Princeton, Baruch, UMich, Berkeley, and UCLA Tops 2017 List
Not so surprisingly, Princeton was ranked number 1 in the U.S. among public and private colleges and universities in Money magazine’s “Best Colleges For Your Money” 2017 rankings.
Princeton – long recognized as one of the top universities in the nation – was followed by Baruch College and the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
The top ten include four U.C. schools — UC Berkeley (No. 4), UCLA (No. 5), UC Irvine (No. 7), and UC Davis No. 9).
To come up with the best colleges for your money — defined as a college degree that offer students with the great education at an affordable price. Magazine ranking is based on affordability, alumni success, and educational quality.
Stanford University came in at No. 6, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) at No. 8, and Harvard University was No. 10. The ranking focuses on the return on investment.
Of the thousands of colleges and universities in the U.S., which ones are worth the return on your investment?
The 25 Best U.S. colleges and universities For Your Money, 2017:
- Princeton University – Princeton, NJ
- Bernard M. Baruch College of the City University of New York – New York, NY
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (UMich) – Ann Arbor, MI
- University of California-Berkeley – Berkeley, CA
- University of California-Los Angeles – Los Angeles, CA (tie)
- Stanford University – Stanford, CA (tie)
- University of California-Irvine – Irvine, CA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Cambridge, MA
- University of California-Davis – Davis, CA
- Harvard University – Cambridge, MA
- University of Virginia-Main Campus – Charlottesville, VA
- Rice University – Houston, TX
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus – Seattle, WA
- Yale University – New Haven, CT
- Vanderbilt University – Nashville, TN
- Washington and Lee University – Lexington, VA (tie)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus – Atlanta, GA (tie)
- University of Florida – Gainesville, FL
- California Institute of Technology – Pasadena, CA
- University of Maryland-College Park – College Park, MD
- Columbia University in the City of New York – New York, NY
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – Champaign, IL
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University – Blacksburg, VA
- The College of New Jersey – Ewing, NJ
- Williams College – Williamstown, MA
Latest posts by Aimee Lee Webber
- Is Hydrogel Purification the Breakthrough Solution to Water Shortage? - November 12, 2018
- Smart Ways to Use a Personal Loan to Save You Money - November 12, 2018
- Are Your Customers Ignoring You? - November 12, 2018