Cornell University has been named as one of the best universities in the U.S in welcoming LGBTQ students, according to the Campus Pride list of the top LGBTQ-inclusive universities and Colleges for 2016. Other institutions on the list include Penn, Princeton, UCLA, UMD and the University of Washington.
In order for a university or college to make the top list, they must score the highest percentages in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning (LGBTQ) friendly benchmarks for policies, programs and practices, conducted for and by LGBTQ experts in the field of higher education.
Take a look at the 30 most LGBTQ-inclusive universities and colleges, the order in which they’re presented is not intended to imply a ranking.
1. Cornell University
2. Elon University
3. Harvey Mudd College
4. Hobart and William Smith Colleges
5. Indiana University, Bloomington
6. Ithaca College
7. Macalester College
8. Montclair State University
9. Portland State University
10. Princeton University
11. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick
12. San Diego State University
13. Southern Oregon University
14. The Pennsylvania State University
15. Tufts University
16. University of California Los Angeles
17. University of California, Davis
18. University of California, Santa Barbara
19. University of Illinois at Chicago
20. University of Louisville
21. University of Maine at Machias
22. University of Maryland, College Park
23. University of Massachusetts, Amherst
24. University of Minnesota Twin Cities
25. University of Pennsylvania
26. University of Vermont
27. University of Washington
28. University of Wisconsin – Green Bay
29. University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
30. Washington State UniversityTrack Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org