As many as nine British business women, led by Alison Cooper, the chief executive of Imperial Tobacco Group, have made it to the Fortune list of 25 most powerful women “shaping the new world order” in the Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.
Interestingly, newly appointed, chairwoman of the Spanish banking giant Santander Ana Botin, tops the EMEA league, ahead of the world’s fourth-largest cigarette-maker boss Alison Cooper and Güler Sabancı, the chairwoman and managing director of Turkey’s Sabancı Holding.
Magazine also included a powerful Greek shipowner Angeliki Frangou, Chief Executive of Navios Maritime Holdings — ranked 25th.
25 Most Influential Women In Business: Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Region for 2014
1. Ana Botín, Chairman, Banco Santander, Spain
2. Alison Cooper, CEO, Imperial Tobacco Group, Britain
3. Güler Sabancı, Chairman and Managing Director, Sabanci Holding, Turkey
4. Annika Falkengren, President and CEO, SEB, Sweden
5. Carolyn McCall, CEO, easyJet, Britain
6. Moya Greene, CEO, Royal Mail, Britain
7. Dominique Leroy, CEO, Belgacom, Belgium
8. Ornella Barra, Chief Executive, Wholesale and Brands, Alliance Boots, Britain
9. Patricia Barbizet, CEO, Artémis Holding, Vice Chair, Kering, France
10. Maria Ramos, Group CEO, Barclays Africa, South Africa
11. Nancy McKinstry, Chairman and CEO, Wolters Kluwer, Netherlands
12. Dominique Senequier, President, Ardian, France
13. Harriet Green, CEO, Thomas Cook Group, Britain
14. Liv Garfield, CEO, Severn Trent, Britain
15. Serpil Timuray, Regional CEO AMAP, Vodafone, Britain
16. Lubna Olayan, Deputy Chairperson and CEO, Olayan Financing, Saudi Arabia
17. Elizabeth Corley, CEO, Allianz Global Investors, Britain
18. Pascale Witz, Executive VP, Global divisions and Strategic Development, Sanofi, France
19. Mariana Gheorghe, CEO, OMV Petrom, Romania
20. Olga Pleshakova, CEO, Transaero Airlines, Russia
21. Ceri Powell, Global Head of Exploration, Royal Dutch Shell, Netherlands
22. Mary Lynn Ferguson-McHugh, Group President, Europe, Procter & Gamble, Switzerland
23. Margarita Louis-Dreyfus, Chairperson of Supervisory Board, Louis Dreyfus Holding, Switzerland
24. Isabelle Ealet, Global co-head Securities Division, Goldman Sachs, Britain
25. Angeliki Frangou, Chairman and CEO, Navios Group of Companies, Greece
Please follow me on Twitter @ceoworld and Facebook @amarendrab.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on Google News, Twitter, and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org