Hong Kong has retained its crown as the world’s most luxurious major housing market for luxury homes, according to Christie’s global list, followed New York, in second place, and London in a distant third place.
Sorry, Paris And Los Angeles.
Trailing London on this year’s list are Singapore and San Francisco, followed by Los Angeles and Sydney.
Meanwhile, among the top 10 most luxurious global cities for luxury homes in 2017, the 8th, 9th, and 10th positions are held by Paris, Toronto, and Vancouver.
Money is no object – these are the world’s top 10 most luxurious global cities for luxury homes:
1. Hong Kong
2. New York, US
3. London, UK
5. San Francisco, US
6. Los Angeles, US
7. Sydney, Australia
8. Paris, France
9. Toronto, Canada
10. Vancouver, Canada
Starting Price for Luxury Homes:
Worldwide, the average starting price of a luxury home differs significantly by region and market type—from under $1 million in Ottawa, Canada, to above $10 million in Monaco.
- Monaco: $10 million+
- St. Barths: $8 million+
- Zurich: $5million+
- London: $4 million+
- Cannes: $4 million+
- Telluride, Colorado: $4 million+
- Hong Kong: $3 million+
- Palm Beach, Florida: $3 million+
- Honolulu, Hawaii: $$2 million+
- Paris: $2 million+
- Vancouver: $2 million+
- São Paulo: $1 million+
- Tokyo: $1 million+
- Buenos Aires: $1 million+
- Lake Annecy, France: $1 million+
- Santiago, Chile: $1 million+
- Algarve, Portuga: $750,000+
- Mexico City: $750,000+
- Ottawa, Canada: $750,000+
- Valencia, Spain: $750,000+
- Worldwide average: $2.4 million
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018
- Why CEOs of Companies Have a Habit of Reading Books? - September 20, 2018
- Report: The Least (And The Most) Diverse States In The U.S. For 2018 - September 19, 2018