Graduates from the University of Tokyo are favoured by the Asia’s employers and are listed among the Asia’s most sought after degree holders, according to the Times Higher Education (THE), a U.K.-based publication.
Times Higher Education placed the University of Tokyo 9th in the world and number one in Asia in the Global University Employability Ranking, 2017.
The University of Tokyo was the only Asian university to make the US-dominated top 10 ranking.
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) was ranked second in Asia. Globally, HKUST was ranked 12th, ahead of China’s Peking University (14) National University of Singapore (16), and Tokyo Institute of Technology (20).
Universities in the United States dominate this year’s results. Of the top ten schools on the list of those whose graduates are most sought after by hiring managers, seven are based in the U.S. – including the top four.
Globally, The California Institute of Technology topped the list, followed by Harvard University, Columbia University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of Cambridge.
Asia’s 20 Best Universities For Employment In 2017
- University of Tokyo, Japan (#9)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong (#12)
- Peking University, China (#14)
- National University of Singapore (#16)
- Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (#19)
- Indian Institute of Science, India (#29)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China (#30)
- Fudan University, China (#38)
- Tsinghua University, China (#55)
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel (#62)
- National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (Taiwan Tech), Taiwan (#65)
- University of Hong Kong (#71)
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea (#77)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (#82)
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (#91)
- Seoul National University, South Korea (#103)
- Zhejiang University, China (#108)
- Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel (#113)
- Osaka University, Japan (#116)
- Nanjing University, China (#118)
Meanwhile, in CEOWORLD magazine’s list of the world’s best universities for graduate employability, 2017, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was ranked number 1 in the world for producing the most employable graduates, followed by Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, and Yale- all in the United States.
Latest posts by Amy Grant
- Decor ideas for a productive office - June 14, 2018
- Want to be an Inventor? Sounds Like You Need Inventhelp! - June 14, 2018
- Is Your Brand Image Suffering Due to Poor Advertising Choices? - June 11, 2018