Arizona State University tops the list of “most innovative universities” in the United States, in the 2018 Best Colleges edition of U.S. News & World Report magazine, Stanford placed second on the list, followed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology at No. 3.
The 2018 rankings for the most innovative universities in America placed Georgia State University in 4th ahead of Carnegie Mellon University into 5th; while Northeastern University ranked 6th, and University of Maryland–Baltimore 7th.
Overall, among the top 10 most innovative U.S. universities, the 8th, 9th, and 10th positions are held by the University of Michigan–Ann Arbor, Harvard, and Duke.
Portland State University took the No. 11 spot in 2017, followed by the California Institute of Technology (No.12) and Georgia Institute of Technology (No.13). Meanwhile, Purdue University–West Lafayette ranked No. 14 in the ranking of the most innovative universities in the United States for 2018.
Cornell University came in 15th place, followed by University of Maryland–College Park (16th), University of Southern California (17th), University of Texas–Austin (18th), and Yale University, ranked 19th. Out of 100 best universities for an accounting degree in the United States, Indiana University-Purdue University ranked No. 20th.
“Our colleagues at colleges and universities around the country are very interested in what we’re doing, and they pay close attention to all that we have been able to achieve,” said Arizona State University’s President Michael M. Crow. “They know that all the cool stuff is going on at ASU.”
Arizona State University consistently performs well in multiple rankings, most recently, W. P. Carey School of Business at the ASU was ranked No. 83 among best business schools in the world for 2017 and 15 best in the world for online MBA programs by the CEOWORLD magazine. In addition, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at ASU was ranked 63 best in the world — public or private — in the best Universities For Engineering And Technology Rankings for 2017. ASU was ranked No. 126 among all global universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 Rankings.
The 20 Most Innovative Universities In America For 2018:
1. Arizona State University–Tempe, Tempe, AZ
2. Stanford University, Stanford, CA
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
4. Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
5. Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
6. Northeastern University, Boston, MA
7. University of Maryland–Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD
8. University of Michigan–Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, MI
9. Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
10. Duke University, Durham, NC (tie)
11. Portland State University, Portland, OR (tie)
12. California Institute of Technolog, Pasadena, CA (tie)
13. Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, GA (tie)
14. Purdue University–West Lafayette, West Lafayette, IN
15. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
16. University of Maryland–College Park, College Park, MD
17. University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
18. University of Texas–Austin, Austin, TX
19. Yale University, New Haven, CT
20. Indiana University-Purdue University–Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
Latest posts by Todd Aitken
- The Personal Finance Plan for Young Professionals - 03/26/2018
- Know the Gravity of A Logistics Management and What This Means - 03/26/2018
- Top Three Trends in Online Sports Betting - 03/26/2018