Fortunately, there is no shortage of colleges and universities out there, ever wonder how the world’s best engineering and technology programs stack up against one another? The CEOWORLD magazine’s “Education Institutions Ranking Report, 2017” has released the world’s best universities for engineering and technology, 2017 list. It would come as no surprise that American universities dominated the list, however, one trend CEOWORLD magazine sees on the horizon is the ascent of Asian universities and colleges.
Discover the world’s best universities for engineering and technology studies
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has been placed top of the world, followed by the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), School of Engineering at the Stanford University, College of Engineering at University of California, Berkeley; and Switzerland’s ETH Zurich.
The Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zürich) ranks as the best European institution at which to study engineering and technology, followed by the University of Cambridge, the Swiss University École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, and the University of Oxford. The highest ranking Asian institutions this year include National University of Singapore, which placed 9th and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology took the 11th spot. Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University came in 12th place, followed by China’s Peking University (17th), University of Technology in Delft, Netherlands (18th) and Tsinghua University, ranked 20th.
= > For more recent rankings, read our article about the World’s Best Colleges And Universities For Engineering And Technology, 2018.
World’s Best Universities For Engineering And Technology, 2017
Methodology: The world’s best universities for engineering and technology, 2017 ranking by the CEOWORLD magazine is based on six major indicators of quality, overall Score (100%) is the sum of:
1) Academic reputation
2) Admission eligibility
3) Job placement rate
4) Recruiter feedback
6) Global reputation and influence
Data for these indicators was collected from publicly available sources, research, survey, and university’s website. It measures the quality of education, job placements of students, and the recruiters feedback, without relying on university data submissions. Students, industry professionals, and recruiters were asked to rate institutions on a scale of 1 “marginal” to 100 “outstanding” or “don’t know.”
However, this is by no means a comprehensive list, while the institutions above are the CEOWORLD magazine’s list of the best engineering and technology universities in the world, 2017, there may be many other colleges that offer excellent programs.
* This rankings should not be viewed as the most important aspect when choosing a university, and are simply one element to consider.
* The top-ranked university receives 100 points.
* Universities within the same rank range are listed alphabetically.
* The rankings are the result of a rigorous analytical exercise, incorporating multiple data sources, without relying on university data submissions.
* Detailed survey data and information collected directly from 188,000 individuals, across 6 data points.
* Surveys completed by 96,500 students, 69,800 industry professionals, and 21,700 recruiters around the world.
* Magazine surveyed 188,000 people in 46 countries between September 5, 2016 and December 23, 2016.
*The overall score are numerical scores given to the universities based on students, industry professionals, and recruiter feedback — measuring the quality of the university. Overall scores are out of 100.
For more details on the “World’s Best Universities For Engineering And Technology, 2017” please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 188,000 respondents is plus or minus 1.2 percentage points. In addition to sampling error, one should bear in mind that as in all survey research, there are possible sources of error—such as coverage, nonresponse and measurement error——that could affect the results.
Latest posts by Aimee Lee Webber
- 5 Unexpected Costs You Could Encounter Whilst Running A Business - September 20, 2018
- These Are The Top 10 U.S. Cities To Live If You’re Trying To Save Money, 2018 - September 13, 2018
- A Comprehensive Outline About Choosing Your Pool Fence - August 30, 2018