From high-end designers to big box clothes retailers, fashion and style has made some people very, very rich.
Ralph Lauren, topped the Richest Fashion Billionaires List 2014, came in at number 1 with a net worth of $8 billion, no stranger to the list, Victoria’s Secret’s Leslie Wexner is just a few notches below at number 2 with a net worth of $6.3 billion.
Michael Kors ($900 million), a New York City-based fashion designer widely known for designing classic American sportswear for women and Tory Burch ($970 million) nearly made the list, but came up shy of the $1.55 billion cutoff.
I’ve decide not to include the Walton family members, which owns Wal-Mart (not exclusively in the fashion business), on the list of the wealthiest people in fashion.
We took a look at the data on Forbes 400 billionaires list 2014 (which lists the net worth of the America’s wealthiest) to determine the 11 richest people in fashion:
1. Ralph Lauren, Bronx-born fashion designer is best known for his preppy Polo Ralph Lauren brand, Chairman and CEO, Ralph Lauren, worth $8 billion
Forbes billionaires rank: 59
2. Leslie Wexner, currently chairman and CEO of the L Brands corporation, which operates Victoria’s Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Express, among other major mall chains. worth $6.3 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 77
3. Do Won and Jin Sook Chang, Forever 21 founders, husband and wife team, worth $5.2 billion
Forbes billionaires rank: 94
4. Doris F. Fisher, co-founded The Gap clothing and accessories retailer with her husband, Donald Fisher, worth $3.3 billion. And her sons, Robert, William, and John are worth a combined $7.2 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 177
5. John Fisher, President, Pisces, Inc., youngest son of Gap founders Doris and Donald Fisher, worth $2.9 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 216
6. Robert Fisher, Director, Gap, one of three sons of Gap founders Donald and Doris Fisher, serves on the board of the apparel empire, worth $1.99 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 331
7. William Fisher, Director, Gap, one of three sons of Gap founders Donald and Doris Fisher, worth $1.97 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 332
8. Anne Gittinger, worth $1.6 billion.
Forbes billionaires rank: 393
9. Richard Hayne, worth $1.6 billion
Forbes billionaires rank: 397
10. Bruce Nordstrom, worth $1.55 billion
Forbes billionaires rank: 391
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Reveled: Here Are The 5 Worst Industries To Work For In 2018 - July 20, 2018
- These Are The 20 Worst U.S. Cities To Drive In For 2018, Detroit, San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles In Top 10 - July 19, 2018
- Revealed: The World’s 50 Best Airlines For 2018: Singapore And Qatar Tops - July 18, 2018