Top 26 Outsourcing Destinations For Information Technology (IT) companies: List of Countries
India remains the top offshoring destination for information technology (IT) companies, followed by China and Malaysia, according to a study by consulting firm A.T. Kearney.
Mexico came in at No. 4, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines were ranked fifth, sixth and seventh in the list, and Brazil was No. 8.
The 2014 A.T. Kearney Global Services Location Index™ (GSLI), which measures the offshoring potential in 51 countries based on three categories:
1) Financial attractiveness
2) People skills and availability
3) Business environment
India “is unrivaled in both scale and people skills” and leading information technology services firms are expanding their traditional offerings to include research and development, product development, and other niche services, A.T. Kearney said.
Based on an assessment of 25 metrics, help identify the countries with the strongest underlying fundamentals to potentially deliver information technology (IT), business process outsourcing (BPO), and voice service.
1. India (Financial attractiveness: 3.14 | People skills and availability: 2.71 | Business environment: 1.19 | Overall : 7.04) — undisputed leader in the field for the past decade, India is still unrivaled in both scale and skills. The IT services sector dominates the industry with exports of $40 billion, followed by BPO exports of $20 billion.
2. China (Financial attractiveness: 2.26 | People skills and availability: 2.54 | Business environment: 1.36 | Overall : 6.15)
3. Malaysia (Financial attractiveness: 2.72 | People skills and availability: 1.43 | Business environment: 1.84 | Overall : 5.98)
4. Mexico (Financial attractiveness: 2.67 | People skills and availability: 1.61 | Business environment: 1.61 | Overall : 5.90)
5. Indonesia (Financial attractiveness: 3.15 | People skills and availability: 1.56 | Business environment: 1.16 | Overall : 5.87)
6. Thailand (Financial attractiveness: 3.01 | People skills and availability: 1.42 | Business environment: 1.44 | Overall : 5.87)
7. Philippines (Financial attractiveness: 3.06 | People skills and availability: 1.48 | Business environment: 1.21 | Overall : 5.75)
8. Brazil (Financial attractiveness: 1.81 | People skills and availability: 2.25 | Business environment: 1.63 | Overall : 5.69)
9 Bulgaria (Financial attractiveness: 2.99 | People skills and availability: 0.97 | Business environment: 1.66 | Overall : 5.62)
10. Egypt (Financial attractiveness: 3.20 | People skills and availability: 1.36 | Business environment: 1.06 | Overall : 5.62)
11. Poland, moves up 13 spots in the index this year. The biggest country in Central and Eastern Europe, it boasts a large labor force and multitude of city options. With industry dispersed across Warsaw, Krakow, Lodz, Katowice, and other cities, the country has a reasonable cost profile that, while slowly converging with Western Europe, is still lower by several magnitudes. Multinationals Sabre and Motorola operate large software development centers in Poland, accompanied by Comarch, Capgemini, and HCL in IT consulting.
14. United States (tier 2)
16. Sri Lanka
17. Germany (tier 2)
19. United Arab Emirates
24. Costa Rica
You may also be interested in:
- Should your company encourage employees to quit? I know what you’re thinking: “Encourage employees to quit? That’s ridiculous! Everyone […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Best Cities For Business And Careers We looked for cities that have strong economies and plenty of fun things to do- terrific […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Top 10 most attractive cities for luxury retailers to set up shops, 2016 While luxury retailers are increasingly embracing ecommerce, London has been voted […] Posted in Rankings, Luxury Insider
- Top Hottest, sexiest and Most Beautiful Celebrities In The Philippines Here is a list of beautiful and gorgeous Filipinas. I admire for their beauty, great […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- 18 Richest Health Care Billionaires In America: Medical moguls 2014 Well, there is a wealth in health, the 18 Richest People In Medicine. At age 62, […] Posted in Rankings
- The 10 Most-Gracefully Ageing Male Actors In Hollywood Hollywood heartthrob, George Clooney, has topped the list of most-gracefully ageing male […] Posted in Rankings
- Is Your Balanced Scorecard Hurting Your Results? Sarah winced as the hourly stack rankings beeped through her smartphone. She didn’t […] Posted in Success Insider
- Yes, Health and Wellness Programs Are Worth Your Investment Workplace wellness is evolving. Health programs that were once gym memberships and free […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Los Angeles Lakers are inviting Mike Brown to coach Kobe Bryant and replace Phil Jackson? About a year ago, the Cleveland Cavaliers fired Mike Brown because they didn't think he […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- The Next Adventure in Social Marketing: Employee Advocacy The increasing adoption of social as a communication channel for both brands and people […] Posted in CEO Insider