Plain white walls never go outmoded. If you too are looking out for redecorating your home, then you can unequivocally endeavor plain white walls. Trust me it does give a royal look. The way you décor it, adds stars to your sky. It’s not just that it’s simple and easy to paint but it also helps in capturing good photographs by giving a ravishing backdrop. Some designers may think that a single color may not give a promising look to your home sweet home but social media says something else. You can see ‘n’ number of photographs of white rooms on apps like Pinterest and Instagram. Its beauty enhances by the way you decorate it. Here, we share with you a few ways to decorate your white walls:-
- Décor with white furnishing: White walls do give a royal and classy look to our homes and doing an experiment with white is not as easy as it seems. Use a warmer shade of white, say off-white for both, walls as well as furniture. White wall shelves, corners, a white sofa will undoubtedly give the entire room a bracing look. Use cushions, stools, chairs and all your other items of décor with harmonized colors.
- Augment with wooden touch: Neutral walls with wooden floor and furniture would show a steep contrast and catch everyone’s eyes. You can exercise various options as per space. For example, you can have wooden wardrobes and bed in your bedroom, whereas a dramatic piece of sofa would be the best pick for your living room.
- Try to give vintage effect: As an all-white custom has been running popular for decades, so it can also give your home that fortifying vintage effect depending upon the furniture you have. So if retro is your choice, that white coat of white paint on the brick walls of your home with a similar kind of furniture will entirely render the place a rousing look.
- Be bold enough to create contrast: As aforementioned, an all-white does give a classic and royal look but that doesn’t mean you shall be afraid to create contrast. Trust me, a staggering contrasting colored rug of your desired pattern, a painting or shelves won’t let you down with such experiments. You can also go for drapes and curtains (floor length, window length or even shorter, as per your requirement) of contrasting color.
- Sharpen your creative skills: White walls give an ample room to showcase your creative skills. You can go as per your taste, whether you want to have a single large statement piece or a series of smaller artworks. Anything hung with a neutral and clean backdrop turns out to be more exhilarating than it actually is. You can purchase such art pieces online or from your favorite local store. You can also draw in your unique style with your favorite color and texture.
- Natural flowers and plants for an experiment: Keeping the natural plants and flowers inside your home serves two purposes. Firstly (as it is obvious), use it as a deep contrasting prop against your neutral background. Secondly, you can not only feel closer to nature this way but it will also improve the air quality in your home. Orchids, hibiscus and similar type of flowers can be the great options in such cases. To give a more colorful twist, paint the plant pots with contrasting colors. Just take care of these plants and the plants will take care of you. ☺
- Complete the look by placing a mirror: In the modern era, mirrors are used not just for its conventional purpose (i.e. for looking oneself) but it also has become a style quotient nowadays. An invigorating mirror doesn’t fail to give that spark to the room which was missing. What adds icing to the cake is the mirror with a wooden or colored frame. It definitely outshines the remaining furnishing items. Such mirrors on white walls do give that elegant look and create a perception of more space in the room than the actual.
Try any of the above and do share with us your experience. ☺
Have you read?