After the modern hustle bustle of urban worlds, many travelers yearn to go to the wild and indulge in an overload of nature. Whether it is the wild animal encounters, unknown green paths, lush green forests, or the subtle water streams, the wildlife safari is meant to rejuvenate you in many levels.
Safaris are meant to quench the wildlife travel quench in all the ways possible. What are you waiting for? Grab your khaki waistcoat, pair of comfortable hiking shoes and a backpack to head to the greatest wildlife safaris in the world! If you’re planning to go on a safari adventure but don’t know where to start, we’ve got you covered.
Best Wildlife Safaris In The World, 2019
- Okavango Delta, Botswana: For the best versatility in wildlife, Okavango Delta offers nothing but the best. An enthralling oasis surrounded by dryness and drought, thousands of animals migrate here making it a breathtaking sight. Take a trip in Kubu Queen Houseboat to experience the pristine waters. There are challenging safaris here which cannot be reached via jeep to witness the same- by hopping on a horse or an elephant!
- Yala National Park, Sri Lanka: For all those who want to spot leopards, this park offers nothing but best. Uda Walave Park is another destination which is close to Sri Lanka’s capital, Colombo. This place has an amazing range of elephants to witness. Try out to stay at Chena Huts near the fringes of the park. Also, witness the sea turtles near the beach for an unforgettable experience.
- Serengeti National Park, Tanzania: This safari witnesses the annual migration of wildebeest across the plains every year. Apart from jeep safaris, this place also offers chilled out activities like billiards, archery and refresh your senses at a rejuvenating spa. Book Singita Explore, a tailor-made mobile camp for the wildlife hungry traveler.
- Kruger National Park, South Africa: Kruger National Park is arguably the best game reserve in Africa and a wildlife safari here gives you the chance to see the Big Five – lion, leopard, African elephant, rhinoceros and Cape buffalo.
- Etosha National Park, Namibia: Ongava and Etosha National Parks are two of Africa’s best ever wildlife secrets in the world. Spot lions, rhinos, and elephants which are most indigenous in Africa alone. Stay at a three-room Little Ongava Camp and an elevated perch to watch the reserve’s wildlife in the midst of log fires and infinity pools.
- Ranthambore National Park, India: For all those who want to spot tigers especially, Ranthambore offers the best. Get to Sher Bagh Hotel and stay at colonial-themed bedrooms, a relaxing pool and romantic candlelight dinners at the campfire. Tourists usually travel in the giant open-sided trucks and spot a tiger just from miles away! Also, indulge in the jungle styled cooked food which is made in the middle of the forest.
- Akagera National Park, Rwanda: For the wildlife lover, a safari through a tough jungle path is something to yearn for. Witness the wide range of monkeys, chimpanzees, and head off to Akagera National Park to watch elephants, giraffes, hippos and so on. Just two hours from Kigali, Akagera National Park is situated in the eastern province of Rwanda, on the border with Tanzania.