How can you select the right Executive Coach for your organization?
One of the key questions that an HR executive may encounter is how to select the right executive coach for the company’s top management team. Since HR is considered the internal consultant on personal development areas of the executive (and not only) teams, the decision-making falls on their shoulders.
So the question is “how do I make the right choice”?
Below I have gathered some key questions that any HR can answer, when trying to find the perfect match, when it comes to selecting an executive coach.
- Are you looking for a long-term or a short-term coach?
- What are the characteristics of the coach that will have the greatest impact on success?
- What style of coach will be most effective?
- Has the coach had enough “real” experience at this level?
- Has the coach the appropriate experience in the type of coaching requires?
- What is the level of knowledge that the coach has in your industry?
- Does the coach have the skills that you think are important for success?
- Is your potential coach certified from ICF (International Coaches Federation)?
- Are you looking for a coach to enhance or adjust the performance of an individual of a team?
- Are you using coaching appropriately-or using it as an alternative for dealing with the problem?
- Can the coach gain the respect of the coachee?
- Can the coach relate to the coachee?
- Can the coach manage the relationship effectively?
- Is the coach building capacity in the coachee(s) or building dependence on them?
- Is there a benefit or risk in the coach working with more than one person in the organization?
Have you read?
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Psychology Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Arts and Humanities Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Education Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Social Sciences Degrees, 2019.