China’s car market is genuinely gigantic, something like the world has never seen before, and will likely never see again. No doubt, it’s the largest passenger car producing country in the world.
China is the world’s leading passenger car producer in 2017- by producing more than 24 million motor vehicle production units, according to OICA (International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers). China is followed by Japan with more than 8.35 million motor vehicle production units and Germany with more than 5.65 million motor vehicle production units.
Passenger cars are motor vehicles with at least 4 wheels, used for the transport of passengers, and comprising no more than 8 seats in addition to the driver’s seat. In that year, India produced around 3.95 million such vehicles, that’s according to OICA (International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers) .
World’s Top 20 Largest Passenger Car-Producing Countries In 2017 (Million Units)
- China: 24.81 million units
- Japan: 8.35 million units
- Germany: 5.65 million units
- India: 3.95 million units
- South Korea: 3.74 million units
- United States: 3.03 million units
- Spain: 2.29 million units
- Brazil: 2.27 million units
- Mexico: 1.9 million units
- France: 1.75 million units
- United Kingdom: 1.67 million units
- Iran: 1.42 million units
- Czech Republic: 1.41 million units
- Russia: 1.35 million units
- Turkey: 1.14 million units
- Slovakia: 1 million units
- Indonesia: 0.98 million units
- Thailand: 0.82 million units
- Canada: 0.75 million units
- Italy: 0.74 million units
- Malaysia: 0.42 million units
World’s Total: 73.45 million units (73,456,531 passenger cars)Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on Google News, Twitter, and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org