In the world of TV news, NBC “Today” co-anchor Matt Lauer has been named the highest paid hosts in the news business —- top-paid news broadcaster, drawing an estimated $22-25 million every year, according to TV Guide.
Here is the full list, some of the figures may startle you!
Fox News host, Bill O’Reilly ranked No. 2, drawing an estimated $17 million a year, followed by Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts (3rd,) NBC Nightly’s Brian Williams (4th,) and CNN’s Anderson Cooper (5th,) pulling in a reported an eye-popping $11 million a year.
Who makes the most money for keeping the public informed and entertained – 24 Highest-paid hosts in the news business: Top- Paid News Anchors?
1. Matt Lauer, Today $22–25 million
2. Bill O’Reilly, The O’Reilly Factor $18 million
3. Robin Roberts, Good Morning America $14 million
4. Brian Williams, NBC Nightly News $13 million
5. Anderson Cooper, Anderson Cooper 360 $11 million
6. Shepard Smith, Shepard Smith Reporting $10 million
7. George Stephanopoulos, GMA , This Week $9 million
8. Rachel Maddow, The Rachel Maddow Show $7 million
9. Scott Pelley, CBS Evening News, 60 Minutes $7 million
10. Bret Baier, Special Report With Bret Baier $6 million
11. Maria Bartiromo, Fox Business $6 million
12. Katie Couric, Yahoo! News $6 million
13. Megyn Kelly, The Kelly File $6 million
14. David Muir, ABC World News, 20/20 $5 million
15. David Gregory, Meet the Press $4 million
16. Lawrence O’Donnell, The Last Word $4 million
17. Erin Burnett, OutFront $3 million
18. Nancy Grace, Nancy Grace $3 million
19. Steve Kroft, 60 Minutes $3 million
20. Willie Geist, Today, Morning Joe $2.5 million
21. Natalie Morales, Today $2.5 million
22. Byron Pitts, ABC News $1.2 million
23. Bill Weir, CNN $750,000
24. Ronan Farrow, Ronan Farrow Daily $650,000
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: email@example.com