Chinese Tech Sensation Xiaomi Launches An Android-Based 47-inch 3D-Capable Smart TV
Not all leaks and rumors in the tech world are true, but Xiaomi, one of China’s hottest technology companies, has officially gone beyond smartphones and launches an Android-based 47-inch 3D-capable smart TV.
The 47-inch 3D-capable Xiaomi TV is assembled by Wistron and will cost just CN¥2,999 (US$490).
What was interesting about the smart TV, come in six colors for the aluminium faceplate, and supports dual-band WiFi frequencies of 2.4GHz and 5GHz — users can stream shows wirelessly to their TV set.
Most of the other specs: a 47-inch 3D HD LCD, run on Android atop Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600 chipset, It also comes with a 11 button remote and will support Bluetooth 4.0 and dual-band Wi-Fi.
CEO and founder Lei Jun unveiled the 47-inch 3D-capable smart TV at a launch event in Beijing. The three-year old phonemaker, has been making a lot of waves over the last couple of years.
Expectations for Xiaomi are high, as it builds a business worth $10 billion that is still largely unknown outside Asia. Company also announced that former VP for Android product marketing, Hugo Barra will join the company officially in October as a vice president and will be responsible for the company’s global business.
You may also be interested in:
- Who Are The Top 25 Highest-Paid Athletes In The World: Sports 2014? The undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather ranks atop Forbes's annual list of highest-paid athletes in the world of sports in 2014. Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, who won the 2014 […] Posted in Leadership
- List Of The Top 100 Global Thinkers Making A Difference In The World: 2014 FP Edition As year-end approaches, the time has come for 2014's end-of-the-year lists, and Foreign Policy Magazine has come out with its annual list of the people making a difference in the world, […] Posted in Leadership
- The 50 Most influential business thinkers in the world, 2015 Michael E. Porter, the Bishop William Lawrence University Professor at The Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness, based at the Harvard Business School, has been confirmed as the […] Posted in Leadership
- The Troubling Statistic: 1 In 5 women in the United States has been raped at some point in their lives The troubling statistic, One in five women in the United States (more than 23 million) have been raped in their lifetimes, according to the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence […] Posted in Rankings
- Where The World’s Insanely Rich Will Be In 2015: Social Calendar For Big-Money Billionaires? And if you want to rub shoulders with the powerful and insanely rich "The Big-Money Billionaires" in 2015. It's time to fuel up the Gulfstream!A new study gives some insight into Where […] Posted in Leadership
- World’s top 25 universities under the age of 50, 2015 rankings The Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore ranked No. 1 in the world among institutions under the age of 50, according to the latest Quacquarelli Symbols (QS) World University […] Posted in CEO Insider
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.