Berthold Auerbach said, “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Music is present with us all the time. There is music in the wind, there is music in the sea waves, there is music in the words we speak; it is so ingrained in our thoughts that we even forget its profound presence among us. Here is a list of top ten music bands which make people go deep into the valleys of music.
1) THE BEATLES- The Beatles who claim record sales of one billion is a UK-based rock band. The group consisted of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. There is a cult following them called “Beatlemania.” They worked upon pop ballads and psychedelic rock. Their albums like Please Please Me (1963), Let it Be (1970) and Abbey Road (1969) are much regarded in terms of their excellent music accompanied with much commercial success.
2) LED ZEPPELIN- Led Zeppelin is another UK-based rock band’s success story. With a record sales claim of 300 million, Led Zeppelin are almost worshipped by all. The group consisted of guitarist Jimmy Page, singer Robert Plant, keyboardist John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham. Their music focused around heavy metal and hard rock. Their famous albums include Led Zeppelin (1969), House of the Holy (1973) and In through the Out Door (1979).
3) QUEEN- Claiming a record sale of 300 million, this UK-based band brought a whole new revolution the genre of Rock music. This band originally consisted of Freddie Mercury, Brian May, John Deacon and Roger Taylor. Their albums Queen II (1974), and A Night at the Opera (1975) brought them much popularity and commercial success. Their single “Bohemian Rhapsody” topped the UK Singles Chart for nine weeks. Queen was a leader to follow by one and all.
4) ABBA- ABBA, a Sweden-based pop band, was mightily popular. They claim to have record sales of 300 million, which speaks volumes about their fan following. The band consisted of Anni-Frid “Frida” Lyngstad, Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Agnetha Faltskog. They were the first non-English pop group that enjoyed much commercial success in English-speaking countries. The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2010.
5) PINK FLOYD- Another UK-based band, who featured in Progressive Rock, is Pink Floyd. Today people swear by their name because of their addictive music and intelligent lyrics. They claim to have a records sale of 200 million. The band consisted of Roger Waters, Nick Mason, Richard Wright and Syd Barrett. The band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996.
6) AC/DC- This Australia-based band featured Hard rock and Heavy metal. They have a records sale claim of 200 million which make them one of the most popular music bands. The band was formed in 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young. Their albums Highway to Hell and For Those About to Rock We Salute You were very popular and made them reach the highest ladder of success.
7) THE ROLLING STONES- A rock/Blues rock band, The Rolling Stones, originated from UK around 1962. With a records sale claim of 200 million, they are one of the most listened and most followed bands among all. The band was formed by Brian Jones, Ian Stewart, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. Later, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts were also included. They are positioned second at the most successful group list in the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
8) BEE GEES- Bee Gees is a UK-based pop band who claims a records sale of 200 million. The band was formed around 1963 comprising of three brothers- Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb. They are the three harmonizing brothers in history. They worked together on all their songs in terms of song-writing and production. Their harmonies are still remembered for their innovation in pop and disco music.
9) U2- U2 is an Ireland-based rock band. Starting in 1976, the band claims a records sale of 150 million. The band consists of Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen, Jr. They have melodious instrumentals and use the genre of post-punk. Their album The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby gained them popularity and casted these school boys into immediate superstars.
10) AEROSMITH- Aerosmith is a US-based band which initiated in the 1970s. Their genre was Hard Rock and they claim a records sale of 150 million. They are sometimes termed as “The Bad Boys from Boston” and “America’s Greatest Rock and Roll Band.” The band consisted of Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton, Steven Tyler, Joey Kramer and Ray Tabano. Tabano was soon replaced by Brad Whitford and thus, Aerosmith began its evolution.
Latest posts by Amy Grant
- Decor ideas for a productive office - June 14, 2018
- Want to be an Inventor? Sounds Like You Need Inventhelp! - June 14, 2018
- Is Your Brand Image Suffering Due to Poor Advertising Choices? - June 11, 2018