The World’s Best Universities For Blockchain Or Cryptocurrency Studies In 2018
Move over Harvard and Princeton, Cornell University in Ithaca, New York has been crowned the best university in the world for blockchain or cryptocurrency studies in 2018, according to CEOWORLD magazine, while Stanford University and the National University of Singapore, placed 2nd and 3rd, respectively.
The 2018 rankings placed the University of California – Berkeley in 4th ahead of the University of Pennsylvania into 5th; while Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ranked 6th and the University of California – Los Angeles 7th.
Overall, among the top 10 Best Universities For Blockchain or Cryptocurrency Studies In 2018, the 8th, 9th, and 10th positions are held by Princeton University, Harvard University and the University of Texas – Austin.
It’s worth noting that eight out of the top ten universities that offer blockchain or cryptocurrency courses are based in the United States. There are only two universities in the top ten that aren’t based in the US. The National University of Singapore placed third on the list, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich came in sixth, with three courses.
Final Thoughts: If you’re looking for a career in blockchain technology, these are the world’s top educational institutes where you can study blockchain or cryptocurrency-related courses.
As the demand for blockchain engineers and blockchain related business is only going to increase. Several top colleges and universities have added or are rushing to add courses about cryptocurrency and the record-keeping technology that it introduced, known as the blockchain. The technology allows encrypted data on anything, from money to medical records, to be shared between many companies, people, and institutions.
The world’s best universities for blockchain or cryptocurrency studies in 2018:
|3||National University of Singapore||Singapore|
|4||University of California – Berkeley||US|
|5||University of Pennsylvania||US|
|6||Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich||Switzerland|
|7||University of California – Los Angeles||US|
|10||University of Texas – Austin||US|
|11||New York University||US|
|12||Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MIT||US|
|17||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||US|
|18||Johns Hopkins University||US|
|19||University of Nicosia||Cyprus|
|20||University College London (UCL)||UK|
|21||Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT University)||Australia|
|22||Instituto Tecnoloógico de Buenos Aires (ITBA)||Argentina|
|23||IT University of Copenhagen||Denmark|
General Methodology on the CEOWORLD magazine’s Best Universities For Blockchain or Cryptocurrency Studies In 2018 ranking.
The rankings are based on seven major metrics of quality and reputation. Overall Score (100%) is the sum of:
1. Perceived Global Brands Influence (20%)
2. Recruiters Responses (20%)
3. Employers Feedback (10%)
4. Job Placement Rate (10%)
5. Admission Eligibility (10%)
6. Specialization (10%)
7. Academic Reputation (20%)
To establish our list, we collected information and statistics from publicly available sources, research, and survey. The ranking measures the quality of education, job placements of graduates, recruiters response, employers feedback, without relying on institutions data submissions.
Graduates, industry professionals, employers, and recruiters were asked to rate universities on a scale of 1 “marginal” to 100 “outstanding” or “don’t know.”
However, this is by no means a comprehensive list, while institutions above are the CEOWORLD magazine’s list of “The World’s Best Universities For Blockchain or Cryptocurrency Studies In 2018 ,” there may be many other higher education institutions that offer excellent programs.
* This ranking should not be viewed as the most important aspect when choosing a business school, and are merely one element to consider.
* The top-ranked university receives 100 points.
* The rankings are the result of a rigorous analytical exercise, incorporating multiple data sources, without relying on university data submissions.
* Detailed survey data and information collected directly from 85,000 individuals, across 7 data points.
* CEOWORLD magazine conducted its survey from early-February 2018 to mid-August 2018.
* Magazine invited 85,000 individuals from 72 countries to participate in this year’s invitation-only opinion study.
* Surveys completed by 40,000 graduates; 30,000 recruiters; and 15,000 employers (with 500 or more employees) around the world.
* We analyzed over 102 colleges and universities during the data collection process.
* The overall score is numerical scores given to the institution based on students, industry professionals, and recruiter feedback — measuring the quality of the institution. Total scores are out of 100.
* The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 85,000 respondents is plus or minus 1.2 percentage points. In addition to sampling error, one should bear in mind that as in all survey research, there are possible sources of error—such as coverage, nonresponse and measurement error——that could affect the results.
What are your thoughts on blockchain-related studies, crypto classes, and cryptocurrency in the academic world?
Let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Emma London
- Why Did Japanese Billionaire Yusaku Maezawa’s Tweet Become The Most Retweeted Tweet - January 9, 2019
- GDP Rankings Of The World’s Largest Economies, 2019 - December 28, 2018
- World’s Top 50 Universities For Engineering And Technology Degrees, 2019 - December 28, 2018