Best Universities To Study Architecture And Interior Design In America, 2018
MOVE over Georgia Tech and Princeton – MIT’s School of Architecture + Planning has been named the best in the United States, according to the CEOWORLD magazine’s list for 2018. College of Architecture, Art, and Planning at Cornell University ranked number 2 on the list, followed by Yale School of Architecture (No. 3), Columbia GSAPP (No. 4), and Harvard Graduate School of Design (No. 5).
Magazine placed School of Architecture at the University of Southern California in sixth on the list ahead of the University of Pennsylvania School of Design (PennDesign) and UCLA Extension. Sam Fox School at Washington University in St. Louis and UC Berkeley Extension round out the list at nine and ten, respectively.
University of Virginia School of Architecture took the No. 11 spot, followed by the SCI-Arc (No.12) and School of Architecture at the University of Texas at Austin (No.13). Meanwhile, School of Architecture + Design at Virginia Tech ranked No. 14 in the CEOWORLD magazine’s ranking of the best graduate program for architecture and interior design study in the United States for 2018.
A. Alfred Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning at University of Michigan came in fifteenth place, followed by College of Visual and Performing Arts at Syracuse University (sixteenth), College of Architecture, Planning and Design at Kansas State University (seventeenth), College of Architecture, Arts & Humanities at Clemson University (eighteenth), and School of Architecture and Interior Design (SAID) at the University of Cincinnati, ranked nineteenth.
Out of 25 best graduate programs in architecture and interior design colleges and universities for 2018, Rice School of Architecture (RSA) ranked No. 20th.
Top Graduate Programs: The 25 best universities to study architecture and interior design in America, 2018
Top Undergraduate Programs: The 25 best universities to study architecture and interior design in America, 2018
Find detailed information on the CEOWORLD magazine rankings — Best universities to study architecture and interior design in America, 2018. Magazine’s rankings is based on four major metrics of quality and reputation. Overall Score (100%) is the sum of:
1. Reputation And Influence (30%)
2. Recruiter Feedback (30%)
3. Admission eligibility (20%)
4. Specialization (20%)
To establish our list, we collected information and statistics from publicly available sources, university’s website, research, and survey. It measures the quality of education, the university’s reputation, and the recruiters feedback, without relying on university data submissions.
Students, industry professionals, and recruiters were asked to rate colleges and universities on a scale of 1 “marginal” to 100 “outstanding” or “don’t know.”
However, this is by no means a comprehensive list, while the universities above are the “CEOWORLD magazine’s best universities to study architecture and interior design in America, 2018,” there may be many other universities that offer excellent programs.
* This rankings should not be viewed as the most important aspect when choosing a university, and are simply one element to consider.
* The top-ranked university receives 100 points.
* The rankings are the result of a rigorous analytical exercise, incorporating multiple data sources, without relying on university data submissions.
* Detailed survey data and information collected directly from 65,000 individuals, across 4 data points.
* Surveys completed by 20,000 students, 24,000 industry professionals, and 21,000 recruiters around the world.
* The results come from a survey of over 65,000 people.
*The overall score are numerical scores given to the universities based on students, industry professionals, and recruiter feedback — measuring the quality of the university. Overall scores are out of 100.
The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 65,000 respondents is plus or minus 1.4 percentage points. In addition to sampling error, one should bear in mind that as in all survey research, there are possible sources of error—such as coverage, nonresponse and measurement error——that could affect the results.
Latest posts by Megan Batchelor
- 4 Ways CEOs Can Improve Blood Circulation during the Workday - October 21, 2018
- Lost in Translation and its Dire Consequences - October 18, 2018
- These are the 50 most powerful woman in U.S. business for 2018 by Fortune magazine - October 16, 2018