If you want to select the best potential candidates to fill roles within your organization, staffing and recruitment can be one of the trickiest aspects of management.
Increasingly, companies are using video conferencing tool like Skype in the field of recruitment – to streamline and improve their employment procedures.
Especially international companies find themselves using VOIP applications such as Skype to conduct job interviews and save on travel expenses. It can be mutually beneficial, especially when the employer and the candidate are in different cities.
In some companies it’s already a common practice: Are you ready?
For many candidates participating in a job interview via video conference is a completely new experience. Have you every done an interview using video conferencing tool like SKYPE? Tell us about it in the comments below!
What you should consider as potential candidate: The job interview via video conference?
1) Dress and groom the way you would for a face-to-face interview.
2) Familiarize yourself with the video conferencing tools like Skype
3) Choose the location with good lighting and free of distractions
4) Role Play With a Friend - Ask a friend to videoconference with you and provide feedback on how close you should sit to the camera. He or she also can recommend adjustments for your surroundings.
5) Don’t Talk With Your Hands – When you’re on camera, make eye contact, smile, and try not to make too many gestures with your hands.
6) The wall of shame – an applicant might have on a fantastic suit and be incredibly impressive in his responses, but if just over his shoulder is an inappropriately themed poster, he might not snag the job.
7) Use the Lighting to Your Advantage – Once you have a nice background for your interview, see what you can do to make the light flatter you.
Please share your tip or suggestion on how to save yourself from videoconferencing job interviews embarrassments: Skype interview?