With an estimated net worth of $3.7 billion, Murat Ulker is the wealthiest person in Turkey, that’s according to CEOWORLD magazine’s Turkey Rich List Index For 2019. CEO of Yildiz Holding is the chairman of Yıldız Holding. The holding comprises of several companies such as world-famous chocolate brand Godiva, biscuit producer United Biscuits and U.S-based DeMet’s Candy Company.
The number two spot for Turkey was occupied by Erman Ilicak, the head of Turkish construction giant Rönesans Holding, with a net worth of $3.5 billion.
According to the financial publication’s annual listing, 2019 saw the total wealth of the top ten richest Turkish Billionaires hits a new record high of $22.6 billion. Semahat Sevim Arsel, Turkish conglomerate Koc Holding’s member of the board, is the third richest person in the country; her net worth stands at $2.1 billion.
To identify the wealthiest people in Turkey, CEOWORLD magazine reviewed numerous national and international media reports. Additional information about the billionaires came from Forbes global index, Bloomberg Billionaires Index, CEOWORLD magazine’s rich list index, and all estimated net worth figures are in U.S. dollars.
Who Are Turkey’s Top Billionaires?
- Murat Ulker: $3.7 billion
- Erman Ilicak: $3.5 billion
- Semahat Sevim Arsel: $2.1 billion
- Ferit Faik Sahenk: $2 billion
- Hamdi Ulukaya: $2 billion
- Mustafa Rahmi Koc: $1.9 billion
- Husnu Ozyegin: $1.9 billion
- Filiz Sahenk: $1.9 billion
- Bulent Eczacibasi: $1.8 billion
- Melih Abdulhayoglu: $1.8 billion
- Faruk Eczacibasi: $1.8 billion
- Nihat Ozdemir: $1.7 billion
- Sezai Bacaksiz: $1.7 billion
- Suna Kirac: $1.7 billion
- Turgay Ciner: $1.5 billion
- Mehmet Aydinlar: $1.3 billion
- Ahmet Calik: $1.3 billion
- Murat Vargi: $1.2 billion
- Ayhan Tosyali: $1.2 billion
- Fatih Tosyali: $1.2 billion
- Fuat Tosyali: $1.2 billion
- Hamdi Akin: $1.1 billion
- Deniz Sahenk: $1.1 billion
- Mustafa Kucuk: $1.1 billion
- Mehmet Hattat: $1.1 billion
- Mehmet Nazif Gunal: $1.1 billion
- Fatma Tuba Yazici: $1 billion
Ferit Faik Sahenk and Hamdi Ulukaya rounded up the top five wealthiest people in Turkey with $1.2 billion each. Mustafa Rahmi Koc holds the 6th spot with a whopping net worth of $1.9 billion.
Have you read?
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: email@example.com