Human beings are supposed to be the smartest species on Earth. And yes, we’ve accomplished many brilliant achievements. Notably, our hunter-gatherer forebearers harnessed fire.
But we also tend to make some incredibly stupid decisions. If intelligence is rated on how well a species performs the job of being a successful member of that species, then we place far below many others. Dophins, for instance, don’t have to manipulate their environment like we do to survive.
Since we’ve progressed from a prehistoric group of nomads, we’ve developed technology for most everything we once did as hunter-gatherers. Now, the “foraging” we do is through apps on our phones. And the hunting we do, when we’re not killing one another in wars or through hate crimes, is for trophies to hang on our walls. And as technology advances to perform more and more of our work for us, our natural intelligence appears to recede further still.
Creating intelligent machines that work and react like humans is very serious business, and if we’re not careful and make sure we’re in a constant state of heightened awareness about this, these machines could potentially outsmart us and be our undoing.
The one aspect of our human intelligence that’s in the greatest need of advancing is our consciousness. We may be alive, but that doesn’t mean we’re awake, consciously. We can be awake doing, but if we’re not fully aware of who we are in our doing, and how conscious we are doing whatever we’re engaged in, then we’re basically sleep walking.
There is no greater knowledge than being in union with reality. Heightening awareness and raising consciousness is the way to raise our intelligence and that of our species. No machine or app is capable of doing that for us. We may be able to create machines that can duplicate our intelligence, but they have no awareness of who or what they are, and in the not too distant future, we may very well rely on them to tell us who we are.
And who are we really? Has the forgetting already begun? It’s crucial for us to awaken now. Be present. Lift the veils of indifference and explore how this great cosmic mystery is unfolding. There is no more mystical place than the one we can uncover within our own soul.
As humans, we’ve come so far in our development by thinking outside the box. But let’s make sure that we’re not creating a virtual box for ourselves that confines us to believe that we’re omnipotent. We are part of the collective, the universe, the cosmos, the oneness, and the supreme consciousness that breathes life into us. Let’s align with it and not try to control it or think we can outsmart it.
Raising our consciousness and experiencing a heightened reality can be transcendent. It can lead us to experience a union with the mystical. But the mystical can be both frightening and fascinating. Some may consider that there’s nothing mysterious about this life, the universe, or the cosmos, and there’s nothing more to know. But for those of us who seek the vibrant and resonant feeling of oneness, or to make the invisible visible, we can find it if we open ourselves to it.
Here is a meditation to call in the great mystery:
- Find a quiet place to sit.
- Close your eyes and take a few breaths in and out.
- Sit with the silence.
- Observe yourself sitting in silence.
- Bring your awareness to any thoughts, feelings, or bodily sensations. Simply observe them.
- Recognize that you are more than your body.
- Acknowledge your spirit within the vehicle of your body.
- Feel your spirit penetrate beyond your body.
- Feel the energy of your spirit around you.
- Imagine the energy of your spirit connect to an all-pervading power beyond the energy of your spirit.
- Imagine it as an all-pervading power that is infinite.
- Imagine that you are now a part of this all-pervading power.
- Sense what you cannot see.
- Feel what you cannot see.
- Trust what you cannot see.
- Say silently, “An all-pervading power has me in its embrace.”
- Say silently, “This all-pervading power is the great mystery.”
- Say silently, “The great mystery has entered me.”
- Spend as much time as you can with it. This is meant to penetrate you deeply, and it can be a profound, life-altering experience. Accept it with non-judgment and trust that whatever you experience is what you’re meant to know and understand at this time.
- When you are ready, slowly open your eyes. Take as much time as you need to transition out of your meditation.
Once we learn to become more present and to live in the heightened consciousness that connects us to the great mystery, we will raise our human intelligence and manifest our presence in the cosmos. The great mystery is a part of us, it’s our soul, and it’s what keeps our soul illuminated.
Written by Ora Nadrich.
Have you read?
The World’s Top 10 Highest-Paid Wealth Management Executives.
CEO compensation: Highest paid chief executive officers in the United States.
Highly-Paid Entertainment Chief Executives (Averaged $31.66 Million).
Highest-paid health insurance CEOs.
Most Powerful Companies in Australia, 2023.
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org